T W E N T Y - E I G H T

Amina's POV :

"Keon, what the fuck are you talking about?" I rolled my eyes, separating the laundry.

It was now 11 AM, and everyone had left about an hour or two ago.

After the encounter with Amir I fell right back asleep, but in a better mood of course and woke up to everyone but Keon gone.

I had hope that Amir was really going to change, which kept my spirits up.

"All I'm saying is that you can't believe him that easily. At least keep the case up for another month and see if he changes his actions. Don't rush to drop the case and he continues to act like a dickhead." He told me, helping me with the laundry.

Maybe he was right. A little free trial for Amir, just to see if he was really going to change like he said he was.

"Okay." I replied, while putting the whites into the washing machine.

"You don't have work today?" He asked me.

"Yeah, but I don't have a client until 3. It's like I have my own schedule." I said. He nodded looking down at me. His 6'2 figure growing over my 5'5 figure.

He licked over his bottom lip, "You tryna do some today?" He asked.

I made my way out of the laundry room, and over to my bedroom right across the hall. I sat down on my bed, "Do what?"

"I don't know." He shrugged taking a seat beside me, "Wanna to meet my grandma and nephew?" He suggested causing me to almost choke on air.

"What? You want me to meet them?"

"Yeah, why not?" He simply shrugged.

Wow.. he actually wanted me to meet his parents? Did this mean we were moving up in our relationship? I sure hope so. Just waiting on him to ask me to be his girlfriend.

"Okay, we can do that." I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"I'll text my grandma now, so that she's aware. We can go a lil later though, she might want to cook dinner. That's aight wit' you?"

I nodded.

"Good."

"Amina hurry up, Yo' ass been getting ready for an hour now." Keon rushed me.

"Shut the hell up, I'm putting on my shoes!" I yelled to him down the steps, struggling to tie my sneakers.

Heavy footsteps were heard, and I inwardly sighed.

Uh oh.

"Who you talking to?" Keon busted into the room as I finally finished typing my shoes.

"Nobody." I gave him an innocent smile kissing his cheek, and walking past me.

"Yeah, aight. You gone stop playing wit' a nigga." He sucked his teeth, following behind me to the car.

"Can I drive today?" I asked him.

"Nope."

I groaned. He hated when I drove. He felt that it was safer when he drove, but in all honesty he drives like he's a mental patient. Wait...

"Stop groaning and get in the car." He said.

I got into the passenger seat, closing the door behind me, and sliding on my seatbelt.

Within a matter of 40 minutes we arrived at his grandma's house and damn did she live far.

I was a little nervous but nonetheless ready.

Getting out of the car, Keon grabbed my hand and led me to the front door of the house, before knocking.

There was shuffling before the door opened, and a beautiful women who looked about 60, answered the door.

"Awe, she's so pretty." She looked at me before pulling me into a hug, "Thank you." I smiled, hugging her back.

"How the fuck he managed to pull you?" She asked referring to Keon. I laughed.

"Haha, so funny." He stale faced her.

"Come in, it's chilly out there." She opened the door wider for us. I followed behind Keon into the small based house.

"Your house is lovely." I said, whilst my eyes trail each and every corner.

"Thank you. Dinner is on the stove can y'all wait a few more minutes?"

"Ma, I'm hungry." Keon groaned.

I slapped him in the back of his head, "Yes, we can wait." I told his grandmother.

She nodded with a smirk on her face heading to the kitchen.

Keon mugged me, rubbing the spot where I hit.

"Karson is in his room sleep, don't wake him up yet." I heard his grandma say from the kitchen.

Keon didn't respond, he just nodded even though he couldn't see her.

"She likes you." He grabbed my hand, pulling me to the couch.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"I heard her say it."

"How—oh..." That fucking mind reading shit. He still won't tell me how the fuck he does it.

"You know I couldn't read yours for the first 5 months you came to see me... that's why I didn't talk to you. I didn't know your true intentions." He says, and I look at him.

"How come?"

"I'm still tryna figure that out, mama."

"I don't like that you can read my mind, sometimes I say stuff I don't mean." I grabbed his hand, rubbing circles on his palm.

"I know. But I can't control it." He shrugged.

"Are you ever going to tell me your full story?" I looked at him, hope in my eyes.

"Soon." I simply nodded.

"The food is ready! Go wake up, Karson." His grandma yelled, and Keon stood up holding his hand out.

I smiled as we intertwined our fingers heading upstairs to wake up his nephew.

—————

Uh oh y'all! Amina just met the fam !

How do y'all feel abt Keon granny?

Anyways, thanks for reading! Love you guys x