T W E N T Y - S E V E N

Excuse any mistakes !

| AMINA BROWN |

I woke up to the sound of my phone blowing up. Text messages and calls.

Looking around, everyone was still asleep on the couches after finishing a countless amount of scary movies.

I checked my phone and noticed all of the messages were from Amir, and immediately got scared that something had happened to Jaydin.

After all, it was 4 AM.

Amir : You one down bad ass bitch son !

Amir : YOU FILED FOR FULL CUSTODY?!

Amir : you know I'm not gonna win that shit! What were you trying to get out of it huh? So I can't see my kid at all?

Amir : fucking bitch I swear.

Amir 13 missed calls

Amir 7 missed FaceTime calls

My eyes widened in disbelief at his tone of words. If I don't recall it was him that threatened to file for full custody on me! I just reacted out of fear.

I got up off the couch, not wanting to wake anyone and heading to the downstairs bathroom.

Closing the door behind me, I clicked on Amir's contact and FaceTimed him.

It rang for a few seconds before he finally answered the phone.

"Amina I swear to god—"

"Amir shut up! You threatened to claim full custody for Jaydin first." I whisper—yelled.

"I wasn't being fucking serious, call that shit off." He demanded.

I took a deep breath before responding, "No."

"What? Why the fuck not?"

"Because you're going to play by MY rules Amir. If you want to see Jaydin you're going to play by my rules! You take advantage of me and her, Amir I can't do this anymore." My voice cracked. I tried to be intimidating, but all I could really do was break down.

Before a year could drop I wiped my eyes.

Amir looked at me, a hurt facial expression on his face, "Amina— I'm coming over."

"What? Amir no don't—" Before I could finish my sentence he hung up the phone.

"Fuck!" I groaned, slamming my phone down onto the sink.

To say I was tired was an understatement. I've been going through this with him for about over an year. It's annoying and frustrating. He never makes things easy for me. Never.

I walked out of the bathroom, and headed back towards the living room.

Keon was sitting up on his phone. He looked at me as I made my way back into my original seat next to him.

"I heard you yelling." He simply said and I sighed laying my head on his shoulder, "Was it him?"

"Yeah, he said I'm a bitch for filing full custody and that he wasn't serious when he said he was filing it against me and—"