T W E L V E

"How was work?" Amir asked, as I walked into his house.

"Where's Jaydin?" I completely ignored his question. I didn't come here to talk, I came to get my daughter and leave.

I don't know why he thinks shit is sweet.

"She's upstairs, sleeping." He said. I nodded, heading towards the stairs only to be pulled back by my hand, "Look, I'm sorry for letting Kelly dance on me." He apologized.

I rolled my eyes, pulling away from his grip.

I went upstairs, seeing a sleeping Jaydin on her Tiana princess bed. One thing Jaydin gone do, is sleep.

"Jaydin, come on we're going home." I shook her slightly. She began to rub her eyes, sitting up in her bed.

She reached for me, and I picked her up allowing her to fall asleep again on my shoulder.

I had gotten off of work later than usual. They assigned me 2 more patients, as well as my sessions with Keon. It was about 8 o'clock.

I grabbed her book bag, with all of her clothes in them and headed back downstairs.

"Amina bro. You just gonna take her and not talk to me?" Amir asked.

"Amir, I have nothing to say to you. Time after time, you just keep finding ways to hurt me. You're never gonna change, I see that now. Please, leave me alone. You're nothing more than my baby father, and you'll never be anything more than that again." I whisper-yelled, as tears fell down my face. I was so hurt. I tried to be as strong as I could for Jaydin, but it was fucking hard bro. Hard.

I could tell I hurt Amir's feelings by his facial expression, but I could care less. I bet he doesn't care how much he hurts me since he tends to keep doing it. I was completely cool off him. And I meant that, from the bottom of my heart.

"You don't mean that, Amina."

"I do, Amir." I looked at him one last time before leaving his house.

—————

After setting Jaydin down in my bed, I opened my phone to check messages, and emails. I had missed her today, so I let her sleep in my bed tonight so that I could cuddle with her later on.

Keon (Patient) : You up? I miss you

I furrowed my eyebrows. He's only supposed to text me for serious causes, or when he wants to schedule a session.

Me : Keon, why are you texting me at this time of night? It's not appropriate.

Keon (Patient) : See, it be moments where I be having butterflies in my stomach when I talk to you and see you, and then when you open your mouth, they go away.

Keon (Patient) : This is one of those moments.

Me : Keon, What do you want?

Keon (Patient) : I can't talk to you now?

Me : At this time? No.

Keon (Patient) : Fine , then I want to schedule a session. Right now.

Me : What? You know I can't turn sessions down, it's too late Keon.

Keon (Patient) : Send the addy, I'm on my way.

Me : I strongly dislike you. *sent location*

Keon (Patient) : That's not a good thing to say to your 'patient' Doctor.

I left him on read, closing my phone.

A session at almost 10 PM? Great ...