S E V E N T E E N

"Mama? Cry?" Jaydin asked, noticing my tear stained face.

I quickly wiped my face with my sleeve, placing a smile on my face.

"Mommy wasn't crying, I'm okay." I kissed the side of her cheek quickly, whilst picking her up and placing her onto my lap.

I was still in bed. I had called out of work today, seeing as I was drained, and frustrated. I needed a day off, just a day.

"I hungry."

"You want pancakes?" I asked her.

She didn't reply, laying her head on my chest.

I stood up out of bed, holding onto her tightly and made my way to the kitchen.

Setting her down in her eating chair, i began to cook the two of us breakfast.

"Cocomelon!" Jaydin yelled, pointing at the TV.

I rolled my eyes, continuing to cook.

I literally hated that show. The kids were so addicted to it, but I was tired of watching it everyday. Seriously. And Jaydin wouldn't let me turn it off.

Once I finally finished cooking, I gave Jaydin her food and began to eat my mines while scrolling on my phone.

I decided to go through all of my messages and emails, to past time and keep up on my work.

Amir :  let me see my daughter today

Amir : I know you see me fucking texting you

Amir : I'm sorry for what I said last night, I just wanna see my kid Amina.

Amir : you got until 12 to reply, or I'm pulling up.

Keon (Patient) : can we have a session today? my grandma says it's not as active as it should be, pissing me off. She makes me want to take a knife and— never mind, a session today good for you?

Amour : bitch, I think I'm pregnant.

I almost choked on my pancake, reading Amour's message.

Is she serious?

I clicked the FaceTime icon on her number, and waited for her to pick up.

"Hello?" She answered.

"What you mean you think you're pregnant?" I immediately asked.

"Girl, it's been two months since I've had my period, and I'm just now realizing." She sighed.

"Did you take a test?"

"I bought some earlier today." She said.

"Do you want me and Jaydin to come over so that you can take it, for support?"

"Nah it's okay, ima let you know what happens though." She chuckled, walking into the bathroom.

"Okay, love you." I blew her a kiss.

"Love you too, twin." She smiled, kissing her phone camera.

I pressed the hang up button, and watched Jaydin tear down on her food before messages Keon back next.

Keon (Patient)

What time would you like to schedule a session today?

Keon (Patient) : Maybe 2 o'clock?

Keon (Patient) : been a while since I've seen ya' pretty ass.