T W E N T Y - S I X

Excuse any mistakes !

| AMINA BROWN |

"Wait so you guys met in an asylum?" Jace asked, clearly intrigued with me and Keon's story.

I laughed, "Yes. I've worked there for a little bit, but I wouldn't call it an asylum, a mental hospital is fine." I told him.

"Okay so, Amir can most definitely use that against you but other than that you're fine... he has no actual job, so the judge is going to be curious as to where his money income comes from." He said.

I simply nodded my head. There was no way I could lose this.

"I emailed several teams about the case and they agreed to have a court case July 17th."

"Wait what? That's two months from now." My smile dropped.

"I know, but that's all that's available right now. If you'd like we can notify Amir about the upcoming court case."

"Yeah, I'll also notify him as well." I said.

Jace and I stood up and shook hands.

"Thank you so much Jace, seriously." I thanked him.

"No problem, I'll keep you updated on the case, alright?"

"Okay, bye." I waved.

"Bye."

I walked out of the office with a smile on my face. I was in victory right now.

Me, Amina Brown, just filed for full custody.

"Bitch we have to celebrate!" Amour yelled as we exited the shop. We all finished our clients hair and came to my house at around 8 PM, and it was now closer to 9.

"Relax, I didn't win the case yet it's no need." I chuckled, pouring some wine into my glass.

"Party pooper." Amour frowned, taking a sip of her wine.

"We can just watch movies and stuff?" Niya suggested and I nodded.

"Can we invite our boyfriends over?" Amour cheesed, and I laughed.

"We actually should, we can all chill." I nodded putting my hair into a messy bun.

"Timeout, who has a boyfriend?" Niya raised an eyebrow.

"Girl we all know you and Taj, been talking since Chuck E' Cheese." I gave her a straight face.

"He not my boyfriend though."

"Oh well, invite him over unless you feel like 5th wheeling." Amour said.

"Fine!" Niya gave in.

I stood up making my way to the kitchen, "I'ma get out snacks." I told the girls.

I made sure to text Keon to come over whilst setting the snacks on the table in the middle of the living room.

I had a total of 2 couches and a love seat, perfect for the 6 of us.

Around 15 minutes later the doorbell rung and Amour hopped up to get it.

As soon as CJ walked in she jumped on him wrapping her legs around his waist.

"I missed you too fathead." CJ chuckled holding onto her, "Wassup, Amina." He gave me a head nod.

"Hi." I waved.

Keon had came in next making his way over to me.

"What's this supposed to be?" He asked, before leaning down and kissing my lips.

"A celebration get together, Amina filed for full custody of Jaydin against Amir." Niya smiled, before hugging Taj.

"She did what?" CJ looked at Niya and then at me, "Why?"

"He continuously threatened to take Jaydin away from me as well as her me fired from my own job due to his Jealousness." I shrugged finding my seat on the couch. Keon say next to me.

"But he was never actually serious..."

"Christopher, I get that's ya' friend and all, but shut up." Amour told him as she pulled him down to sit on the couch with her.

He sucked his teeth but nonetheless shut up.

"What we doing?" Taj asked.

"Watching movies and eating snacks nigga, duh." Niya said, grabbing the remote.

"Then how the fuck is this a get together?" Keon looked at me.

I inwardly rolled my eyes, "y'all are annoying."

"Exactly." Niya and Amour agreed.

"Just find a movie." Taj took the remote from Niya.

"Nothing scary though." I begged.

"Ole scary ass, put on some scary now." Keon chuckled and I glared at him.

"Don't look at me like that."

Taj began to flick through the horror movie suggestions before clicking on 'The Conjuring'.

"I fucking hate y'all." I huffed crossing my arms, sitting back.

They all began to laugh.

Keon tried to lay his head on my shoulder and I pushed him away as the movie started.

"Come on mama, don't act like that." He said, and I ignored him staring at the TV.

"Just say you want some dick and I'a give it to you." He whispered into my ear sending shivers down my spine.

"Just watch the movie, Ke."

"Let me lay on you then." He gave me the puppy dog eyes, he knew I couldn't resist.

"Fine." I chuckled giving in. He laid his head on my lap and I used my fingers to rub the top of his head in circles.

I looked around and all of the couples were boo'd up watching the movie together.

I could so get used to this.

—————

This chapter felt good to write, they're all just relaxing rn.

Do y'all think Chris was serious about Amir not actually wanting to file for full custody against Jaydin?

What are y'all predictions on what's gonna happen at the end of the book?

Anyways, thanks for reading! Love you guys x.