T W E N T Y - F I V E

Go read Lariinextdoor books I swear they are so good.

Excuse any mistakes

| AMINA BROWN |

"After my next client, I'm going to go meet with my lawyer, for this damn case." I told Keon, over the phone.

I was currently at work, waiting for my next client.

"Where'd you get a lawyer from?" He asked me.

"Niya had a few connections from her previous court cases, he got her out of an attempted murder trial." I said, spinning around in my chair.

"It's a he?"

"Yes, Keon." Ole jealous ass.

"Let me be your lawyer." He stared at me and I immediately shook my head no.

"So they can bring up your files and dig me into an even deeper hole?" I raised an eyebrow with an laugh.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing, but Amir can use you against me."

"So." He shrugged. I looked at him with a straight face.

"Fuck you mean so— bye Keon." I chuckled, pressing the hang up button knowing damn well I was gonna get fucked up.

"Now you know his ass is mental." Amour glared at me as she shaped her clients nails.

"Exactly, we all gone be dead." Niya laughed, coloring a wig in royal blue.

I waved the both of them off.

"When Jaydin coming back?" Amour asked, and I looked towards her.

"Sunday."

She simply nodded and the bell rung indicating that someone had just walked in.

"Hey." My client Elise waved at me.

"Hey girl." I waved back standing up off of the chair so that she could sit down.

She wanted lemonade braids, so it should go by within about 2 hours or so.

After I finished up my clients hair and she paid me, I grabbed my purse and my phone.

"You not taking the rest of your things?" Niya asked and I shook my head no.

"I'm coming right back, I have another client at 5." I told her, "Bye y'all!" I waved.

"Bye!"

Walking out of the shop, I got into my car.

I played my YNW Melly playlist, before putting the address of the place I had to go to meet with my lawyer in the GPS.

A/N : Melly my whole husband, the amount of shit I have of him in my room y'all would think I'm a creep.

It took a good 34 minutes, but I made it.

I got out of my car making sure to lock it, before heading into the large building in front of me.

I made my way to the front desk, where I was met with a lady in her 50's maybe.

"Hi, I have a meeting with Jace Lauren." I said.

"Name?"

"Amina Brown."

"Room 602, 6th floor first door on your left."

"Thank you." I gave her a small smile before heading to the elevator.

I clicked on the 6th floor, following the lady's directions.

Before I could even knock the door had opened.

"Amina?" He questioned and I nodded.

"Come in." He opened the door wider.

I stepped in taking a seat in the nearest chair, and he closed the door behind us.

"Shaniya had put me on to some of the basics, but I need to know a little more of the details within, we have to win over the judge, no matter what." He stated.

"Okay well..."

———————

HI GUYS !

This chapter was mad short I know, I'm sorry.

Sadly this book is almost finished🥲..

Thoughts on the lawyer so far?

Keon?

Amina?

Amir?

Jaydin?

Amour?

Niya?

Aaliyah?

Kelly?