Feeling Good

"So, I'm not going to ask how you got my number. You know people and all that jazz," Daniel began as he looked at the man before him. As much pain as he was in, Daniel was not going to show his discomfort. No, he is just going to sit here and pretend like nothing is happening. "What I will ask is why do you want to help me?"

"I'm feeling awfully nice," Fury shrugged, using Daniel's earlier words. Daniel chuckled at that, amused, before he shook his head.

"No, that's not it," Daniel stated as he leaned back into his seat and took a good look at the man. He can see some of the scars from Fury's eyepatch. They looked like claw marks. Now, this is interesting. No one knows how the Director of Shield lost his eye. Many assumed war, combat and many other things. Some stories are quite amusing. However, from what he could tell, it was a cat scratch. Daniel couldn't help but smile slightly at the deduction. That thought that a cat bested the Great Nicholas Fury distracted him from his body aches.

"I think we can put those skills of yours to use," Fury admitted as he glanced outside briefly before looking back at Daniel. The younger Stark took in his words.

My skills to use?

What skills does he have? He's a drug addict and a thief. There are thousands of people like that. Sure, he may steal from grand places and come from money, but there are countless of drug users with skills in thievery.

Fury noticed the look of confusion on Daniel's face. It took him back. "You graduated top of your class in University and Law School, all before the age of 20. You are able to read people like books, and you used that to your advantage for your cases. You were successful. Daniel Stark: big shot lawyer, rich, handsome, smart, and with a girl," Fury began as he looked at the man before him. At the mention of his old love, Daniel's face turned stoic. That told Fury enough to not touch upon the subject.

"I think you'd make a good addition to SHIELD," Fury went straight to the point. Pressing his lips together, Daniel turned his attention to the busy street. He took in the people walking down the sidewalk, making some observations. "Doing what? I'm not a science nerd, I don't fight, or any of the usual SHIELD activities. I'm just an addict that knows the law and how to get away with shit" he sighed.

Arrogance is something Daniel shall always have.

However, self esteem comes and goes. Some days he feels like the king of the world, ready to take what he wants when he wants. Other days, he feels like the worst human to ever breathe the earth. That hiw breath is wasted, for he would be better dead than alive.

He tries not do dwell those thoughts often. They usually do not lead to good outcomes.

"Let's not pretend that you don't know how to fight. I have footage of your time in Morocco," Fury stated and Daniel straighten up at the mention of that country. That gave Fury the reaction he needed.

Morocco is something that Daniel does not wish to discuss. Ever.

So, that leads to just agreeing to this arrangement. "Fine. I'll accept," Daniel nodded before he leaned forward, his arms on the table as he looked straight at the man before him," only if you delete that footage of what happened in Morocco, completely. If I find out, and I will, that the footage still exists, then you would not like how I use my skills."

"Are you threatening me?"

"No, I'm simply telling you what shall happen if that were to occur."

Fury looked amused, but he has seen how the younger Stark works. The last thing he needed was for him to expose all of SHIELD's secrets for the world to see. Daniel claims not to be a computer whiz, but he simply is just being humble, or he doesn't hold his computer skills at a higher standard. Nonetheless, an angry Stark is something Fury doesn't need, especially a vengeful one. He wasn't sure which Stark is worst to have as an enemy: Tony or Daniel.