Mission Impossible

Daniel wasn't a morning person. He remembered clinging onto his blankets as a kid while his mother tried to take him to school. He hated to wake up to the sound of birds chirping by his window, and the sight of the sun shining through his window curtains, hitting his eyes in the process. He simply preferred to live in the land of dreams rather than be faced with reality. Reality was just filled with pain and misery' while he could be whoever he wanted in his dreams. He just wished to spend his time in his dreams and forget about the outside world. He has had enough problems to deal with, problems that dealt with people he owed money and with his brother. He almost groaned at the thought of his brother. He hadn't seen him in almost five years. The last time they have spoken was before Tony had been taken captive by the Ten Rings. The discussion they had wasn't even a discussion it was more of an argument. The argument consisted about Tony's arrogance and some words were said that hurt both brothers.

Raising a hand to drag down his face, he shifted to lay on his side and thought of what he was going to do. He could stay in bed for a few moments, or he could get up and get ready. The first option sounded far more appealing. He liked how the bed sheets felt against his skin. He didn't wish to leave the warmth of the sheets nor the soft pillow that laid underneath his head. He reached for his phone that sat on the nightstand. Turning on the device, he was met with the image of skyscrapers as the sun shined upon them. The buildings glistened as the light hit them, and the light colors of orange with a hint of pink decorated the sky. The great city of New York stared back at the man. Daniel's eyes shifted to the number above the image.

5: 24 AM

A groan erupted from his throat as he placed his phone down. He didn't want to get up, but who'd be the one to steal those devine paintings? Mozzie has been in this line of work far longer than him, but the younher Stark brother has a way of taking what he wants. He plans things that only he could accomplish. With a sigh, he decided to get up. The earlier he gets up, the more time he'll have to review his plan. The more time he reviews his plans, the more efficient his plan will be. He didn't want any conflicts when he proceeds with these actions. He had been able to manipulate the security guards to turn a cheek at the sight of his appearance, just as long as he gets five percent of the earnings. That was a tough bargain, but it will be worth it. Although, it will be unfortunate that the security guard will soon disappear. Daniel isn't really fond of sharing with strangers. The poor man doesn't know what will soon happen to him once this score is finished. Of course, Daniel shall taint his hands in complete darkness, he has Mozzie to help him with that.

He placed his feet on the wooden floor and began to make his way to the closet. He will have to put up a show to get what he wants. He must dress the part in order to be the part. Mozzie will be the main distraction of the rest of the security guys while the inside man turns off the cameras. Daniel would be able to take that art piece with ease. He could just close of the area by placing signs that reconstruction is taking place. Tourist wont go there as he replaced the portrait with a fake. It will take a while before anyone notices anything odd with it, but he will be long gone before that. A grin grew on his face at the thought of it. He was excited for this day to begin. He opened the closet to pull a janitor uniform. He wished he could wear his suits, but he will do what needs to be done. He changed as a knock disrupted his calm atmosphere.

"Dan! Open up" a loud whisper was heard through the door as the tall man zipped his uniform up. He opened the door for the other man before he returned to grooming himself. He fixed his hair as he styled it to a side to make him seem more enticing. The better looking he was, the more he could get away with things. " Are you ready? Did you place the fake in the cart?" Daniel asked before he turned his attention away from the mirror to his friend and mentor. The bald man nodded as he pulled his phone out to message their inside man, Raymond Riggs - the security guard.

"Yup, I am just making sure that Ray is ready to turn off the cameras when we tell him to" he responded before placing his phone in his pocket. He glanced at Daniel to see him fixing his hair. He rolled his eyes at the younger man's actions before he began to swat Daniel's hands to stop him. "Stop, we have to go now, if we want to get anything done" he said as Daniel gave Mozzie a look of annoyance.

Daniel sighed loudly before he began to make his way out of the room. "Come on, time to go steal shit" he said as he placed his hands in his pocket to feel his phone. Today shall be a fun day, he thought to himself as he walked down the hallway. He wanted nothing more than to return to bed an sleep, but business comes before pleasure. He never wants to miss an opportunity that could benefit him in any ways. This gave him a head start that will aid in their performance. He viewed this as a show rather than an actual heist that could potentially get him in trouble and place him behind bars for the rest of his life. The world was his stage, and he will take complete advantage of it. Nothing could be able to mess this day for him.

He didn't have anyone, besides Mozzie, to worry about. He doesn't live anywhere; he moves too much to settle down. The only thing he does at the moment is move from country to country. He'll have to leave to England in the morning before the officers at the museum notice anything odd in their footage and painting.

He shall be met with the cool, gloomy weather of London tomorrow. He will be able to do something that didn't consist of illegal activity. Perhaps he could go to Shakespeare's Globe Theater and catch a show of his liking. Tomorrow will be all about him, and he couldn't wait. He needed to do this simple heist and get on a plane to go to the land of the Brits. He just hoped that it wouldn't rain, he has had enough rain as of late.

Mozzie had left to do his part, and Daniel went to the museum to play his part as the janitor. He mopped the floors as he listened to the chatter of the people around him. He kept his eyes peeled, waiting to see his friend in order to do his side of the plan. He has been planning this for a month or so. He couldn't simply put things together all willy-nilly. He needs to make sure that everything shall work. He doesn't like to be wrong, especially when it comes to this.

"Excuse me! May I speak with the manager?!" He heard a familiar voice outburst. He lifted his head to be met with the sight of Mozzie. He pressed his lips together as he saw from the corner of his eye that the red light of the camera had turned off. Let the show begin, he thought with a smirk as he turned to get his cart. He could still hear his friend causing a scene. He is definitely good at grabbing an audience.

He placed his mop on the side as he walked through the halls in order to find the painting he was searching for. He kept himself calm and steady as he counted down. Five minutes, that's all he had. Five minutes until the cameras would be turned on. He kept his head down as he ignored the people around him. His eyes scanned his surroundings before he stood before the very painting that he wishes to claim his own. He gazed at it briefly and took notice of the strokes of the brush as well as to the mixing of colors.

He turned to his cart and pulled out his creation. He took his time creating this piece, almost two weeks to perfect it. He needed to make it look exactly like it as well as age it to make sure it looks like the original. He looked at his surroundings before he placed the fake down before he took off the original from the wall. With ease, he switched the paintings before he hid the original in the cart. He checked his watch to see that he had a minute to leave the area. He kept his head down and pushed his cart to the back of the museum. He felt the adrenaline course through his veins from the mere thought of getting caught.

He loved the thrill of it. The thrill of knowing that he held a piece that costs far more than his life. He held this childish excitement as he walked out to be met with the cool air of the outside. Tomorrow shall be a fun day, he thought as he took the painting to the van that himself and Mozzie have acquired for this heist. It looks like their stay in France has ended.