Run, Run Away

Whomever said that money doesn't buy you happiness has not bought themselves a Corvette. Dan certainty misses his old car before the life of crime. He would drive around the city of New York in that car without a care in the world. The sound of the engine igniting and feeling the smooth, leather steering wheel under his fingertips almost makes Daniel go back to get his car. Nonetheless, he is well. Daniel has everything he has ever wanted, such as: money, women, liquor, cars and a reputation. He was joyous. His plan worked and all he needed to do was sell the piece of art. He'll meet up with the buyer in the lovely city of London. All he needed to do is go there. It wouldn't be long.

     He was packing and having everything set for his travels. The police has yet to notice that the painting is a fake. For the time being, he is free to roam on and about. Security will get tight when they notice that the painting was created by someone that wasn't missing an ear. The country would be on high alert trying to find art from one of the best artists that have ever lived. That didn't worry Daniel. He only grew more excited with how the outcome will be.

     He lived a similar life to his older brother before the near death experience and the tin can suit. He lived the life that men would kill to have. He held no true responsibility. He only had to steal and sell it to make money to sustain the luxurious life he held. Daniel Michael Stark has no worries. He could spend his time sipping champagne in a jacuzzi with a woman in both arms. He is living the dream. The only thing he desired at the moment is a nice glass of bourbon and a nice smoke. He had been a bit too focused on this score than he usually is. He did enter a building with high security that he had to bribe one of the security guards. He is glad that Mozzie took care of that. He didn't feel like getting his hands dirty at the moment. Daniel is a man of his word. It was a good thing that he didn't shake on it nor did he give his word. He lied to get what he wanted. It's not like the man was completely innocent. The security guard was willing to let a pair of strangers stroll in his work to steal a painting that is far more expensive than his life. It truly surprises Daniel that anyone is willing to sacrifice such beauties for a quick buck. The only thing he could do now is run.

Daniel and Mozzie will leave their separate ways in order to make this any less suspicious. It is a risk for both of them to leave the country together with the painting at their disposal. It is time to go their own paths and enjoy what life had ahead of them. Daniel will get the cash and deposited half of it at a park for Mozzie to pick up before he goes. It is a routine for them. They steal, get the money and leave on their own. The young Stark will be able to enjoy a glass of champagne and have a woman around his arm whenever he wants. He just needs to go.

Making sure that he has everything, he began to depart from his hotel room. He was glad that he doesn't get attached to things. He learned that as soon as his life went down hill. He could have spent more time in this breathtaking hotel and let himself enjoy all that it could offer. He has heard that they have a pool, a spa, a gym, and whole lot more that he doesn't want to bother remembering. With only one suitcase, he walked outside the establishment to get a car of his choice. He couldn't get a rental because those would be easy to track, so might as well get a vehicle that belongs to someone else. He roamed the parking lot, trying to see if there was a car to his liking. It couldn't be very put there, so that's a no to the Lamb and the Maserati. He arched an eyebrow when he saw a Jag. He loves a good Jaguar. It looked sleek and very easy to take. It wasn't like there was anyone to see him leave, and he knows where all the cameras are.

    He isn't someone to give his back to someone, but it is highly necessary at the moment. Daniel kept his head bowed down and made his way to his car of choice. He dragged his suitcase behind him and placed a hand on the door handle before pulling. "Dammit!", he hissed loudly, getting the valet's attention. The car must have arrived last night from the sticker in the windshield, something to help the men keep track of their guests vehicles. "Is there a problem, sir?" The young man asked as he walked towards Daniel.

     Daniel knows how to get what he wants. He had trained for the last few years to accomplish such tasks. He ran his hand through his hair and let out a frustrated sigh. "Yeah, I'm sorry. I just forgot my keys. I don't remember where I've placed them and I just have a meeting to go in Spain and I just-" Daniel ranted, letting his eyes get misty. It was an odd sight to see a man cry. Many seemed disturbed to see such a thing. That truly meant that things are worst than what they seem. The young man was lost for words. He didn't want to see the man cry over his missing keys, when he and the rest of the team are the ones to hold them.

"S-sir, please don't worry. We have your keys. I'll get it right out for you" he stuttered, not wanting any tears to shed. Daniel sniffed and nodded,"thank you". The young man simply nodded and began to make his way to his stand to retrieve the keys. Daniel rubbed his eyes In order for them to look more red, which brought out his blue eyes. He was just glad that the young man had forgotten to ask for a ticket, or anything to prove that this was his vehicle. He kept his back towards the camera, not daring to turn around. He had to keep the cameras in mind, always. Any glimpse of his face and he is doomed.

"Here you go, just sign here please" the valet said as he returned with the keys and a short form with a pen. Dan nodded and dragged his hand down his chin. He glanced at the previous signature. He furrowed his eyebrows slightly as he took the pen and placed the form against the vehicle to sign it off. The signature was fast and had been applied too much pressure from how thick the ink seems to be. He bit his tongue and copied the signature. He couldn't read it, but it looked exactly like the other one. Once he finished, the valet handed the man the keys to the Jaguar. "Thank you so much" Daniel said heavily with tears in his eyes. The valet nodded uncomfortably before he began to walk back slowly.

With a low chuckle, Daniel opened the vehicle's backseat door and placed his suitcase inside before he went in to take a seat. Everything seems to go to plan. Placing the key in the ignition, he turned it and heard the car come alive. A smirk grew on his lips, gleeful that this had worked. A final glance back, he began to drive out of the parking garage and onto the City of Love. He needed to make his way to the airport in order to catch his flight to the wonderful city of London. He was dying to feel the cold air upon his skin. He just wanted a reason to wear his coat. Daniel is an arrogant, narcissistic and a charming man. In order to be charming, he must look the part. He will leave the car behind once he is a few blocks close to the airport. He can walk the rest of the way there or get a cab. The stolen car shall not be near the airports whatsoever.