Chapter Six

They stop the eclipse. Kara and Mon-el have long awaited talk. 

The entire group rush back into the cortex, looking at the monitors.

CI-"Reign has punched a hole in the Earth, which has set off the eclipse. If we want to stop the eclipse then we have to close that hole."

D-"Sounds easy."

CA-"Well, it's not. You see that whole goes all the way to the centre of the Earth, meaning none of us can get close to it without being burnt to a crisp."

WINN-"To close the whole we need to build a device, then we need to build the person who I going to place the device a suit so that they don't die."

MO-"Okay, so who's it gonna be?"

K-"It can't be me because the eclipse is weakening me, it can't be Barry, Nora or Dawn because with the heat they exude when they run it'll will just kill them quicker."

MO-"It'll have to be me then."

WI-"What!"

CA-"Mon-el's right, with his daxamite biology he would be able to withstand the heat."

B-"Okay, Cisco how long until that device and suit are ready?"

CI-"A few hours."

B-"Okay, Cisco, Winn and William get to work. Kara you need to get under the sun lamps."

K-"No I'm fine."

CA-"Barry's right you need to get under the sun lamps."

Caitlin and Dawn both gave Kara a look that she had no choice and sighed before making her way back to the medbay with Caitlin and Dawn following. Winn, Cisco and William made their way to the lad to start working. Mia and Nora went with Barry and John to the training area while Mon-el headed to the medbay.

When he walked in to the medbay Kara was chatting animatedly to Caitlin and Dawn before Mon-el knocked on the door. The three heads turned to him and hey all gave him a smile

M-"Sorry to interrupt but Kara I wondering if we could to talk."

K-"Sure."

Dawn gave Kara a hug before following Caitlin out of the medbay. Mon-el sat in the chair next to Kara's bed as she was sat under the sunlamps.

K-"So what did you want to talk about?"

Mon-el took a deep breathe before answering her

M-"Barry and Iris' wedding."

The smile on Kara's face disappeared and she looked at her hand that were held into her lap.

K-"Mon-el..."

M-"Look I understand that it hurt you but the fact that you haven't spoken about it is worrying me. Nobody knows what happened to you or what she said to you."

K-"Well she spoke about how heartbroken I was."

M-"How did she know?"

K-"Number One she is...was my doppelgänger. And number two it was written all over my face. Perhaps going to a wedding when my ex came back with a wife wasn't the best idea."

M-"Kara..."

K-"She spoke about how the people we 'protect' want someone to bow and worship, I told her we weren't that different. But then she asked me a question I didn't have the answer to."

M-"What did she ask?"

K-"Why do you care if I take your heart? Your not using it. I din't have an answer so I just responded with 'at least I have one.' All of this conversation was done while I was strapped to a bed in STAR Labs, under a red prism. I became human, one of them just laid a finger on me and it left like they had burned my skin."

M-"Oh Kara, why don't you talk about this stuff?"

K-"Because it's not your place to worry. Besides theirs nothing any of you could have done then or now."

The pair sat in a relative silence, before Mon-el spoke again,

M-"Just one more thing."

K-"Okay."

M-"What didn't you tell me?"

K-"Well one we weren't exactly on speaking terms, two it wasn't your place to worry about me, and three you were married and it was awkward enough as it was I didn't need to add to it."

Mon-el nodded before they started to talk about something else. After a few hours Cisco called everyone to the command centre. Once everyone was gathered they unveiled the device and Mon-el's suit. Mon-el went to put the suit on,

B-"Well done guys."

WINN-"Thanks."

K-"Where's John?"

CA-"Sara called him back to the waverider, they needed him in the roman times."

MI-"Lovey."

Just then Mon-el came back into the command centre wearing the new suit.

MO-"Everyone ready?"

CI-'As ready as we'll every be. Your going 30 miles south of here, you won't be able to mis the gaping hole in the Earth."

MO-"Okay."

Mon-el grabbed the device, gave Kara a quick kiss before heading off to the location. When he arrived, the heat that hut Mon-el's body was extensive, if he wasn't alien and wearing the new suit then he would have been burnt to a crisp. As he approached the hole he placed the device onto the ground a pushed a button. As he pushed the button lots of lasers and lights began to cover the whole and within a few minuets the whole was covered and Mon-el looked up to the sky to see the eclipse disappearing. He sighed with relief as did the rest of the team before fling back to the Justice Hall.