Chapter Ten

Kara gives birth! They capture Savitar!

MIDVALE

It was dawn, the sun was just beginning to peak out over the horizon, Kara was stood on the porch as her body began to absorb the solar radiation. She watched as the sky turned from the charcoal grey to the dove grey and she listened to the quietness of Midvale, hearing only the birds and farm animals waking up. The air was crisp and cool just as you would expect on a summers morning. Kara just closed her eyes and listened to the peacefulness, but she turned her head when she heard footsteps joining her. As she turned around she came face to face with Caitlin who stopped a few feet away from her.

C-"Can I join you?"

K-"Of course."

Caitlin nodded as she stood next to Kara looking at the sun rise.

K-"What are you doing up?"

C-"Went to bathroom, then noticed you were out here. You okay?"

K-"Yeah I just couldn't sleep, thought some fresh air might do some good."

C-"Yeah. But I take it you're also thinking about Barry?"

K-"Yeah I am."

Caitlin didn't say anything but just waited until Kara spoke again,

K-"I'm not only worried about him, but I'm worried about the girls as well. I mean they thought they lost their father, then they lost their mother, then they got their father back and then they loose him again. And I'm afraid of what I'll see when I go back."

C-"You know, those girls are so much like their parents in that they hide their feelings. But do you want to know what I think? I think that those girls are damn lucky to have you."

K-"What?"

C-"You Kara have stepped up into the role as their mother, even though you done it subconsciously, you were the one who was their for them when they would cry themselves to sleep. You were the one to comfort them when they found their mother, when they woke from nightmares. That was all you. They are lucky to have you and your daughter will be lucky to have you too."

K-"Thank you Cait."

C-"No problem, now let's get inside we have to make sure you're rested for when this little girl arrives."

As Caitlin turned and started walking back into the house, but she stopped when she heard Kara grunt. Caitlin turned back around to face Kara, who looked at the ground before looking at Caitlin with a shocked look.

K-"That may be sooner rather than later."

JUSTICE HALL - MIDDAY

Mia, Cisco, William, Winn and Nora were all sat in the command centre when Cisco's phone buzzes, he looks at it and a giant smile appears on his face.

M-"Cisco?"

C-"Um, I have just received a text message from Caitlin. When Kara went away she did go away to grieve but she also went away for something else."

WI-"Okay?"

C-"Ladies and gentleman meet the newest addition to the family, Alura Eliza Danvers."

Cisco puts a photo of the newborn baby girl on the screen.

WINN-"Wait? Kara was..."

C-"Yes, Kara was pregnant when she left."

Everybody's faces lit up in excitement and happiness.

N-"That's just what we needed to hear."

C-"I think this calls for a cele-"

Cisco is cut off by an alarm blaring, he quickly turns to the monitors, his face paling.

M-"What is it?"

C-"Barry. He's at the train tracks."

N-"Suit up."

Mia, Nora and Cisco run off to suit up while Winn and William sit at he monitors to be their eyes and ears. When they arrive at the train tracks Cisco hides out of view, leaving Mia and Nora to confront Barry.

N-"Dad."

B-"Nora, Mia. Where is everyone else?"

K-"Kara is taking a break and Caitlin has gone to a conference."

B-"Oh, well I wanted to talk to Kara."

N-"I'm afraid you can't. Where have you been? We haven't heard form you in months, we've been worried about you."

B-"Oh cut the crap Nora, none of you have been worried about me."

M-"Yes we have. We're your family Barry."

Barry looks at the two girls and is distracted enough for Cisco to shoot a tranquilliser dart into his neck from behind. At the same time Mia has shot him with another one to keep him knocked out to allow them to take him in.

Barry grunted before he fell to the floor, Cisco came out of his hiding place before walking to Barry's unconscious body to join Mia and Nora.

N-"Let's get you out of here."

Nora picks her dad up speeding him back to the hall, before coming back for Mia and Cisco. Once back in the hall, They got changed and Nora went to pick up Dawn from school while Cisco went into the room where they were holding Barry. When Barry finally came around he sat up and looked around the room before his eyes stopped at Cisco.

C-"Oh good you're up. Did you have a nice nap?"

Barry didn't answer him, just stared at him.

C-"You know, we've all been worried about you. So talk to me, what have you been up to?"

Barry didn't respond again so Cisco walked up to him and crouched in front of him

C-"Come on Barry, the isn't you. Your daughter's need you."

Barry stayed silent before finally speaking

B-"Kara."

Cisco sighed before he stood up and left the room and joined the rest of the heroes in the command centre.

D-"Well that didn't work."

WI-"Considering Kara's just had a baby, I don't want to call her yet."

C-"No. We'll take it in turns, if he thinks Kara isn't coming he may open up to one of us."

The group nodded and turned to look a the monitor that shoed Barry sat in the position Cisco had left him in, staring at the door.