Chapter Thirteen

Barry asks Kara a question.

The Next Day.

Barry walked into the command centre after dropping Dawn off at a friends house, he found Winn, Cisco and Caitlin working on a dagger of Kryptonite to be able to defeat Reign. Nora and William were working on ideas to help them take down Thawne while Mia was sharpening and organising her arrows. Barry looked around the room, looking for Kara and Alura. Cisco looked up from his tablet and looked at Barry's confused face

CI-"What's the matter Barry?"

B-"Where's Kara and Alura?"

CI-"They went outside because of the kryptonite."

B-"Okay."

Barry nodded his head before walking outside, Cisco just watched him leave with a massive smile on his face. Once he was outside, he found Kara sat on the grass, with Alura in her arms. Kara was watching her daughter sleep but lifted her head when she heard footsteps. As Barry approached, he smiled at her and sat down next to her.

K-"Hey."

B-"Hey, you okay?"

K-"Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

B-"Yeah, well you were their for me yesterday and I thought I would return the favour."

Kara nodded her head before placing Alura in the car seat next to her.

K-"Well, honestly, I'm just grateful that we got you back but I'm worried about how we're gonna confront them."

B-"We will, besides they have been working on this plan for months. It'll work."

K-"Why do I find that hard to believe?"

B-"Well as Snart used to say their are four steps to a plan. Make the plan, execute the plane, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan."

Kara laughed lightly at the memory.

B-"How are you, seriously?"

K-"I'm better than I was. You know I didn't realise how much I needed the break until I was actually in Midvale. It was so nice to just spend some time with Alex away from all the chaos and craziness of the city. But you guys were never far from my mind. Caitlin would text me every day and night not only to make sure I was okay, but to also keep me informed about the team. Did you really think I would leave and not be kept informed of the trouble they all got up to?"

B-"No I didn't. Can I ask you something Kara?"

K-"Sure."

B-"Why did you forgive me? I mean I killed the father of your child, how can you forgive me so easily?"

K-"Barry, you seem to be forgetting two key things about me. Number one, the people see me as someone who stands for hope, help and compassion. I have to live by that and second, the symbol myself and Kal where on my chest is not only our family crest, it's our family motto - 'El Mayarah'."

B-"Stronger together."

K-"Exactly and that's what we are, we are stronger together. But I meant everything I said yesterday Barry. It wasn't you, so it made me easier to forgive you."

B-"Talking about yesterday, we need to talk-"

Barry is cut off once again by an alarm blaring.

B-"I swear everytime we get into a conversation, we are always interrupted."

Kara laughed as she grabbed the car seat and followed Barry into the hall. When they got in their she places Alura on the table and gathers around the monitors with the rest of the group.

K-"What is it?"

CA-"Thawne, Reign and Damien are in the desert."

N-"Why their?"

CA-"I couldn't tell you."

Cisco picked up a knife with a lead casing and handed it to Barry.

CI-"This will kill Reign. It's enhanced kryptonite so try not to get it near Kara."

B-"Okay."

Kara tuned to Winn who was long at a tablet,

K-"Winn can you look after Allie?"

WINN-"No problem,"

K-"Okay, everyone suit up."

Kara, Caitlin, Barry, Nora and Mia all rans to suit up before heading to the desert.