4. You Can't Do That

"A date already?!" Han Ying was more excited than Zhou Zishu himself.

"I think I should cancel." Zhou Zishu played with his phone over his thigh while he sat on the bed, totally unprepared and already late for the date.

"Why?" Han Ying was concerned.

"I'm not sure." Zhou Zishu faltered, "he's weird."

"Weirder than you?" Han Ying asked honestly. "You watch serial killer documentaries for fun before bed."

"Shut up." Zhou Zishu rolled his eyes, "I think... you know what, forget it, I'll just go and get it over with." He chose not to say it out loud, but deep down, he knew that Wen Kexing was hiding something. He had a feeling that he was concealing a big secret behind the charming act and the shameless flirting.

Zhou Zishu had indeed watched many serial killer documentaries, but Wen Kexing was far more supernatural to be a mere serial killer. He began listing in his mind the unusual traits that Wen Kexing had; the fiery-red eyes, the snow-white skin, the ice-cold touch, the insane speed... and the blood on his clothes the last time they met.

At first, he had thought that it might be his own delusion, but he already met him three times; could he be imagining the whole thing three times? That's impossible. It's all real, and tonight he would prove it.

"Han Ying?" He suddenly called, "Do you believe in supernatural creatures?"

"Only ghosts! Ghosts are real! Scary as hell!" He trembled to fake fear.

"What about vampires? Or demons? Or anything with wild speed and weird eye color?"

"Like The Flash?"

"Han Ying, I'm serious." Zhou Zishu rested his elbows on his knees and leaned forward, "Do you think vampires might exist?"

Han Ying smirked mischievously, "Zishu, you've asked the right person." He fetched his computer, "Let's google it!"

"Google vampires? It's all a bunch of myths." Zhou Zishu backed away losing interest.

"Wait, I'm already searching." Han Ying clicked the keyboard few times, "Well, it says that they are unbelievably fast, have cold skin, pale face- because they're dead I'm guessing."

Zhou Zishu looked at the screen pushing Han Ying slightly sideways, "What about eyecolor and fangs?"

Han Ying switched between the tabs and hummed, "nothing about eye color, but it says that their fangs are usually hidden, they only show them when they want to catch a prey or..."

"Or what?" Zhou Zishu suddenly remembered the joke Wen Kexing had made the first day they met.

What if told you that I'm a vampire?

I don't see any fangs.

"Or turn someone into a vampire." Han Ying continued.

"How to turn someone into a vampire?"

"It says- Wait, why are you asking so many questions about vampires?" Han Ying shot him a suspicious look.

Zhou Zishu noticed that he was becoming too obvious with his questions, he quickly stood up and rubbed the back of his head. "Nothing, curiosity." He glanced at the clock, "shit, I'm late."

There were three rhythmic knocks on the door when Zhou Zishu was still sprinting between the mirror and the closet. "Han Ying, tell him to wait." He shouted from the bedroom before slamming the door to avoid accidentally exposing his naked ass to his date.

Han Ying opened the door and his jaw dropped, "Wow, you do look different..." He still didn't move, his eyes completely fixated on the beautiful man before him..