Extra Chapter: We Promised

300 Years Later

"Where have you been?" Zhou Zishu asked Wen Kexing after he impatiently waited for him for three hours.

"Out." Wen Kexing said sternly, "Are you hungry?" He grabbed a glass and poured some of his blood into it, and it wasn't even half full. "Here." He placed it on the table beside Zhou Zishu and walked away.

Zhou Zishu backhanded the glass, crashing it against the floor, blood spilling all over the walls, the furniture, "Wen Kexing!"

"What now? What do you want?" Wen Kexing approached him, "what do you want, Zhou Zishu?!" He shouted, "What else do you want me to do?!"

Zhou Zishu stood up to face him, and even though he was slightly shorter, he was much scarier than Wen Kexing, "I want..." He started, "An annulment of our blood vows." His words sounded so clear that he felt Wen Kexing's heart flinch through the bond.

"No." Wen Kexing refused and continued to walk away but Zhou Zishu pulled him back, clutching roughly onto his wrist. 

"Okay then, let's break the bond." He suggested, "I can bear the pain."

"I can't." Wen Kexing snatched his hand away, hints of fear engulfed his heart.

"Don't oblige me to use mind control." Zhou Zishu threatened.

"Zhou Zishu!" Wen Kexing shouted, "Don't you fucking dare use that on me again!" He screamed, "Sometimes I truly wish I never turned you!"

"Watch your language." Zhou Zishu sat back down, "And I wish I never asked you to turn me," He huffed, "Look how an eternity with you is turning out." He said ironically. "300 years in and you're already in another man's arms."

"I'm emotionally exhausted, I'm already numb. So go ahead and say whatever you like... Hurt me all you want... " Wen Kexing waved his hand, tears of anger forming in his eyes, "Now I'm dead on the inside as much as on the outside."

"I will ask you again. Where have you been?" Zhou Zishu asked again with a sharper tone.

"I said out." Wen Kexing said vaguely, "why does it matter to you?"

"Do not provoke me!" Zhou Zishu slammed his hand on the table, "Wen Kexing, whom have you been seeing behind my back?! Why can't I smell anyone on you?!"

"Because there's no one."

"Then why do you lie every time I ask you?!"

"I am not fucking lying to you!" Wen Kexing snapped, "why won't you stop doubting me?!" He stepped closer and grabbed him roughly, "I would never, never, betray you!"

"That's not what I saw." Zhou Zishu said coldly, he gazed right into his eyes, "let me use mind control and I'll be at ease."

"We promised to trust each other! Why do you need to use mind control to verify my words?! Are you blinded by doubt or jealousy or both?!"

"I will only ask you one question..." Zhou Zishu persuaded, "just one question, with mind control..."

"If you need to use mind control to believe me so be it." Wen Kexing gave in and looked into his eyes, "Come on, ask me! My dignity is already under your feet, go ahead, degrade me even more."

Zhou Zishu blinked and flashed his golden eyes, "Lao Wen..." He wanted to ask him, "Did... Did you..." He paused for a while, shaking his head and turning away. He placed his palm on the wall, steadying himself, "I'm sorry..." He whispered. "I'm sorry..." He rubbed his temples, "I'm losing control over my emotions... I am sorry..."

Wen Kexing sighed, an expression of relief covering his face. A-Xu couldn't do it, just like Wen Kexing had predicted. "A-Xu..." He spoke, "What you saw that day was an accident..." He explained for the 100th time, "It was him who kissed me... That vampire is older than me and stronger than me... I couldn't break free..." He said, "And you must have felt my disgust and discomfort through the bond... So you must believe me." He hugged him from behind, an attempt to reconcile, "I would never betray you." He buried his face into A-Xu's neck, inhaling his scent, "You must believe me..."

"I apologize." Zhou Zishu said, "I couldn't control my emotions..." He shook his head, "the scene of that day never leaves my mind... of him all over you..." He struggled at the words, "I- the jealousy... I can't control it... you know that... I've killed so many people because of my jealousy... I can't-"

"I never blamed you for being jealous." Wen Kexing said softly, "but I can't stand your doubt and indifference... It hurts me."

"I am sorry..." He turned around and hugged Wen Kexing, so close, so tight, "I'm sorry for doubting you..." He spoke into Wen Kexing's chest, "My words were too harsh..."

"My dear A-Xu... your words are always harsh..." He stroked his hair, "but I know how soft your heart is..."

"Don't ever believe me when I ask for a divorce." Zhou Zishu spoke regretfully, "and I would never want to break the bond..." He hugged him tighter, "you know how much I love to bluff, don't believe my words."

"I know." Wen Kexing said, "but please, don't say these words anymore."

"An eternity with you is all I ever wanted," Zhou Zishu admitted, "and it's the happiest life I could ever live."

"I'm glad I turned you, so you could stay with me all these years. I will never feel alone."

Zhou Zishu pulled back and looked at Wen Kexing, "But..." He looked down, "you haven't answered me... where have you been?" He said shyly, "it's not doubt, just curiosity..."

"I was at A-Xiang's." Wen Kexing smiled, "searching for this." He showed him a photograph. It was well kept and preserved more than he thought it would be. The hard paper had already turned yellow and the colors had faded, but the faces were clear.

It was them, at their wedding day, along with Chengling and Han Ying and Li Yang... and all the immortals.

Zhou Zishu cracked a bittersweet smile, tracing his fingers over every face, "I have missed them..." He shed a tear, "Fortunately, I still have you... forever."

"What would Chengling say if he sees us fighting like this?" Wen Kexing said.

"I am sorry... My apology won't mean anything after what I just said... But..." Zhou Zishu looked at him with teary eyes and held his hand, "Lao Wen... I know it will take time... and it will be difficult to forgive me for doubting you but-"

"I forgive you." He lifted A-Xu's chin with his fingers and smiled at him lovingly, "I forgive you." He repeated and kissed him gently, softly, "and don't think I'll agree to mind control ever again."

"I will never ask again." He encircled his arms around Wen Kexing's neck, deepening the kiss, "You can have me tonight..."

"I want you every night."

A/N

Hi! Extra for you !  

I actually think every relationship will face doubt and misunderstanding, especially after being together for a long time, so that's why I wanted to show this with Nightcall wenzhou, and the importance of trust <3 A-Xu believed him in the end without using mind control, and that's how it should be.

Love you guys so much! Stay safe and take care.