22. Love Everlasting (End)

Spring

"Can you stop moving?!" Luo Yi scolded, "stop blinking too."

"You're poking my eye!" Wen Kexing slapped her hand away and snatched the brush, "I can do it by myself." He squinted at the mirror as he applied the red eyeliner under his eye, perfectly sharp and straight. "See." He put the brush down slowly and fluttered his lashes, "it's done."

Luo Yi rolled her eyes and turned back to see Gu Xiang entering the room, "Master!" Gu Xiang shouted, "wow, my Master looks great!"

Wen Kexing stood up fixing his red robes, "are you sure?" He patted the fabric, "what if he hates these things? Maybe we shouldn't have agreed on a traditional vampire marriage..." He panicked, "maybe we should've worn suits... like humans..." He sat back down fumbling with the fabric, "maybe we should've eloped... What if he changes his mind and doesn't show up?!"

"Master!" Gu Xiang called firmly, "he is just as nervous as you, this is tiring..." She sighed.

"Is everybody coming?"

"Yes, literally everyone..." She said hesitantly, "even Ye qianbei."

Wen Kexing didn't seem to mind him anymore, "it's fine, he helped." He finally admitted, "If it weren't for him, today wouldn't happen..."

"So you finally recognize my efforts?" Ye Baiyi entered the room casually, "Congratulations." He said sternly, "I was fighting The Cruel Romantic while you were having a proposal in the forest, truly unfair." He clicked his tongue.

"What?!" Wen Kexing looked confused, "how did you know?" Suddenly he remembered that Li Yang was there as well, "oh, the dog..."

"The dog is here as well, he brought gifts."

"Who invited him?!" Wen Kexing slammed his palm on the table.

"Your smarter-than-you boyfriend."

"He invited Li Yang?!" Wen Kexing breathed jealousy, "I will kill him!"

"Your boyfriend?"

"I meant Li Yang!"

"Okay, stupid vampy child, jokes aside." Ye Baiyi said seriously, "I'm glad you found someone who stands you for more than 10 minutes." He grinned playfully yet sincerely and left the room. "See you in a while."

"A-Xiang!" Wen Kexing turned to her, "This Li Yang, kick him out!"

"Master... Master Zhou invited him, who am I to kick him out?" She refused politely.

"I am the-" Wen Kexing suddenly stopped and remembered that A-Xu's authority is higher than his, "fine."

"It's the jitters... don't worry, Master." She guided him to the chair, "few more minutes and the ceremony will start. Do not ruin your mood." She smiled.

Meanwhile in the other room, Zhou Zishu paced restlessly, sitting down and standing up, tapping his foot impatiently and fixing his hair nervously, "No!" He suddenly blurted, "I can't do this!"

"What the hell?" Han Ying said, "Listen, you already shocked me by all this supernatural bullshit, don't shock me again by running away from your own supernatural wedding!"

"I'm too nervous." Zhou Zishu rubbed his hands together, "what if he agreed to the traditional vampire marriage just for my sake? What if he wanted a normal human wedding? What if-"

"Zhou Zishu!" Han Ying grabbed his shoulders, "Stop panicking! So what if he did it for you sake?! He loves you that much!"

"True." Chengling interfered. "You can't change your mind, you must marry him, uncle Wen is the only one who defends me."