7. I Can't Be Gentle

It had been a quiet yet not so normal few days for Zhou Zishu; every time he tried to leave the mansion, Wen Kexing would find a way to keep him by his side; like ordering him a private chef, buying him melon seeds, playing him the flute or just simply giving him the sparkly red eyes which made his heart melt into sweet caramel.

"Lao Wen, everybody in your house hates me." Zhou Zishu said while casually cracking the melon seeds with his teeth as he enjoyed the leg massage that Wen Kexing was giving him.

"I don't care." Wen Kexing said, "I'm the Master of this house, anyone with a problem can scram." He pressed harder on Zhou Zishu's leg.

"Ouch! Lao Wen, lighter..." He flinched, "we've just met and you're bribing me to stay here." He cracked another seed, "I think we are moving too fast..."

"A-Xu!" Wen Kexing stopped and looked at him, "Why does time matter? It's just a notion... I've lived for 400 years, but they're nothing compared to these four days with you."

"Mo Huaiyang is searching for me." Zhou Zishu put the melon seeds aside before sitting up, "If I stay here, I will implicate all of you."

Ever since Mo Huaiyang found out about Wen Kexing, there hadn't been any news and he seemed very quiet and secretive, which was never a good thing. Cao Weining didn't receive any new instructions or information from him, which made them all doubt that Mo Huaiyang already suspected him of leaking the confidential information to the vampires.

"That's why you should stay here. It's not a good idea to separate." Wen Kexing reasoned.

"You have ruined my sleeping schedule, I'm staying up all night and sleeping all day." Zhou Zishu argued.

"A-Xu... that's the only thing that is beyond my control... It's my nature." He said, "I can't change that..."

"What if I change ?" Zhou Zishu whispered. The thought had crossed his mind multiple times but he never had the courage to admit to himself or say it out loud.

"What?"

"Nothing." Zhou Zishu changed the subject, "Lao Wen, how do you turn someone into a vampire?" He suddenly asked, "I have asked you this question few times, but you never gave me a clear answer." Zhou Zishu didn't want to push him, "If you want me to stop asking, I will. You can tell me when you're ready."

"It's complicated." Wen Kexing turned away, "You don't need to know that, it's unpleasant."

"Have you ever turned someone?"

"Yes..."

"A-Xiang?"

"Yes." Wen Kexing never really wanted to answer any of these questions, "A-Xu, do you really feel uncomfortable staying here?"

"I just have to leave for a while, I have some matters to attend to." Zhou Zishu said honestly.

"But it's daytime... What if something happens to you? I can't go out to protect you..."

"Lao Wen, I can protect myself... you don't need to be my guardian." Zhou Zishu placed his hand over Lao Wen's. "You can have your bed back."

"Will you come back?" Wen Kexing sounded like a child, his eyes full of wanting.

"How can an almighty vampire be so clingy," Zhou Zishu huffed then his eyes wandered, "Han Ying must be worried..."

Wen Kexing's expression hardened and he stood up furiously, "So it's about Han Ying?! That's the 'matter' that you want to attend to?!" His red eyes brightened with fury, "I should've continued to use mind contr-" He suddenly halted when he realized that he had exposed himself.