m i r a c l e.

𝒎𝒊𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒍𝒆it's like a candle on your birthday cake

𝒎𝒊𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒍𝒆
it's like a candle on your birthday cake... but the worst could happen.

✧˖*°࿐
JENA ENTERS HER GRANDMA'S HOUSE. The aroma of caffeine and baked goods lingered around the house.

"Jena! You are here!" Her grandma embraced her, to which Jena returned back.

"What brought you here, my dear?" Her grandma asked and told her to take a seat. Jena did and pulled out the amulet from her bag.

Her grandma's eyes widen at the gray amulet.

"I-I don't know what happened, Grandma. It just suddenly turned gray when the day before, it was still blue." Her grandma frowned.

She takes the amulet from Jena's trembling palms. She caresses it...

The so familiar amulet is on her hands again and she never thought she would see it in its weakest state again.

"I'm so sorry, Grandma- I don't know what happened." Jena frowned but suddenly, she reassured her.

"It's not your fault, Jena. It happens," Jena flinched her head to face her grandma.

"What do you mean?"

Her grandma sighs, "my mother has also worn it. I saw it change right in front of my eyes."

"Jena, dear- you might not believe me but magic is inclined to this amulet. It either keeps its color or not." Her grandmother cleared.

"What? What do you mean, ma? Magic isn't real... Is it?" Jena'a gaze followed her grandma's figure who took a small box from a shelf.

When she opened it, Jena gasped.

Amulets... It was full of amulets.

All with the same design but different colors. There was specifically 22 in the box.

However, they were all a very pale of grayish shade of a specific color.

"It's alright if you don't believe me but if something terrible is happening or happened, the amulet would turn gray." Her grandma smiled.

"The amulet gives you power to grant one wish but only when it is needed. We call it a miracle," she pulls out one amulet.

A grayish shade of royal blue. Jena wondered of the color if it were vibrant, it would be lovely.

"How will I get its color back?" Jena asked and her grandmother grinned.

"Your soulmate."

"My soulmate?" Jena raised a brow, the older nodded.

"You've been getting dreams about soulmates, haven't you?" Jena's eyes widen at her grandmother's assumption.

"How did you know?"

"Oh, dear... Does it involve an accident?"

"Grandma, you're really scaring me..." Jena winced, suddenly nervous to know her grandmother knew.

Suddenly, her grandma closes the box and puts the amulet on Jena.

"Whatever it is, fix the problem that you're having right now. You need to get its color back." Her grandma said, concerned.

"But I don't even know my soulmate!" Jena frowned, how will she find her soulmate?

Instantly, her grandma squeezes on Jena's hand.

"Yes, you do! Dear, get its color back and once it does, only wish for the miracle if you need it." Jena got even more confused.

"Grandma, why?" She started panicking. Instantly, her grandmother grabbed both of her shoulders.

"Fix things with your soulmate before it happens. You need its color very badly."

✧˖*°࿐
JENA KEPT CARESSING THE AMULET on her way back home.

What did her grandmother meant? Why did she look so scared and nervous? How did she know about the accident in her dreams?

Soulmates and magic.

Suddenly, she remembers...

The red amulet Donghyuck was holding in her dream... Jaemin was also there.

However, the amulet looked halfway vibrant red... As if it was slowly filling the amulet's gem.

The words of her grandma was stuck in her head.

"Fix things with your soulmate before it happens. You need its color very badly."

She sighs and enters her home.

Jena felt like her whole world froze. Clocks has stopped ticking and the channel on the tv stopped moving.

There she faces the boy on the couch, seated with her brother.

"Ah, Jena! You're home!" Jeno's smile was wide, greeted her warmly. The other's smile was softer though, more nervous than happy.

Immediately, Jena whispered "why is Jaemin here?"