c h a n c e.

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆will you give me another chance, love?

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆
will you give me another chance, love?

✧˖*°࿐
JENA WAS GLARING AT JENO who was in the kitchen.

"Show Jaemin around the house, I'll cook dinner. Mom's busy again today," Jeno said.

Jena sighed... She isn't angry nor sad. She's just clueless on what to do. After all, she's been not minding Jaemin.

"How was your visit?" Jaemin asked, tried to converse with her.

Jena pulls something out of her bag and gives it to him. Jaemin's eyes widen when it was roasted lotus seeds.

"I remembered my letter about letting you taste them. They're really good," Jena mentioned.

Suddenly, Jaemin smiles. He ears a few pieces in one bite and his expression sparkled. He hums in delight.

"This is delicious!" Jaemin continued to eat them, one seed after another.

Softly, Jena smiles and she gets up from her seat.

"I'll get changed first." She rushed to her room and shut the door in an instant. Her cheeks flushed red and she sighs.

She quickly changed her clothes and brushed her hair. Her grandmother's words still lingered in her head.

She stared at the gray amulet resting around her neck.

"I don't even know who my soulmate is..." She muttered, immediately flinching when she heard a knock on the door.

"Jena, may I enter? Jeno's bout to hit me with cooking oil," she opens the door for the male.

When she opened the door, Jaemin was having a glaring contest with Jeno who stood at the end of the hallway.

A greasy spatula on a plate in his grasps. Immediately, he begins walking towards Jaemin causing the other to barge into Jena's room.

He shuts the door immediately and sighs.

"I'm sorry, your brother is annoying." Jaemin looks around her room and was awestruck.

"He's like that, just chilled around whatever," Jena sat by her desk.

She pulls out a piece of colored paper and starts to fold it.

Jaemin went to her side and admired her delicate touch.

The way she carefully folds the paper made him smile. She put so much care into making things she loves.

He wonders how much care she even put into the origamis she made for him.

"Wanna try?" Jena handed him a paper. Jaemin sat on the floor after taking the paper from her.

"How do you make a crane?" Jena chuckled at his question.

She taught him the ways. Jaemin grunted a few times out of failure. A pout and a confused expression plastered on his face.

Jena missed the butterflies she's feeling. The way her fingers would touch Jaemin's once in a while made her flustered.

She missed this, she missed Jaemin.

Although, she wanted to start anew... Maybe, starting all over with Jaemin isn't so bad.

"Jaem, why are you really here?" Jena asked after making her 10th paper crane.

It took a minute for Jaemin to answer but once he did, Jena blushed.

"I wanted to see you closely. With Renjun and Hyuck not letting me near you at school, it's hard for me to admire you from a far." Jaemin put his 2nd paper crane on the side.

Suddenly, he chuckles, "I love to admire things closely, you know?"

Jena looks down, her cheeks tinted red as well as the tip of her ears. Jaemin laughs at her reaction.

He pats her head, "if I ask for another chance, will you give me?"

Instantly, she looks at Jaemin.

A worried smile on his chapped lips. Immediately, she takes her chapstick from her desk and moved closer to him.

She lifts his chin put and begins to put the chapstick on his lips.

Jaemin's gaze was stuck on her as she puts it on his lips. His gaze drifted to her lips which he would love to kiss.

"If I say yes, what will you do?"

"Earn your trust again, be patient with you, and date you." He smiled to which Jena blushed.

She moved away, her red cheek too vibrant to not be seen. Jaemin chuckles at her reaction.

"So will you give me a chance?"

"Yes, I will." Jena ruffled his hair and continue to make paper cranes.

Unbeknownst to her, her gray amulet is baby blue once again.