10. JUST A NORMAL GIRL

ONE WEEK LATER | AVENGERS COMPOUND HOSPITAL ROOM — FRIDAY informed the team at Tony's request that the girl had woken up

ONE WEEK LATER | AVENGERS COMPOUND HOSPITAL ROOM — FRIDAY informed the team at Tony's request that the girl had woken up. Natasha decided to visit her, as the team believed the girl would most likely feel the most comfortable and trustful with her or the captain.

She carefully knocked on the door of the room and went in shortly afterwards. Nat looked up to the girl in the hospital bed and sat on the chair next to her bed. The girl gave her a weak but happy smile and tried to sit up, as soon as she saw her familiar face.

Natasha returned her smile and was happy that she wasn't afraid of her. "How are you?" She asked politely, her small smile never leaving her face.

While waiting for an answer, Natasha only got a modest smile. The girl was afraid to speak, afraid saying something wrong, or even feeling immense pain. "Don't worry, the doctors think you can speak again soon." She tried to encourage her. "We had the idea that you can stay with us for a while ... we think it would be better that way. We just want to help you. HYDRA is unpredictable and we fear they want you back-" Natasha explained, giving her a worried look.

The girl closed her eyes for a moment while shaking her head. "HYDRA is bad." The girl said softly and then groaned briefly from the pain.

"So, you can speak." She smiled and now believed a little more that she had no bad intentions. This was the first time that Natasha actually heard her talk. "Does it hurt?" She then asked worriedly before receiving another nod.

"You're safe here, okay?" Nat assured the girl and looked into her eyes. "Don't be afraid." Natasha hoped the girl would feel a little more secure with them. She understood what it was like to be in a place you hated and feared. "I know how you feel, I really do. I also spent my childhood in a very bad place and was ... a prisoner. I wanted nothing more than to flee and I'm grateful that I made it out of there. And you should be proud of you too."

The girl gave her a compassionate look and continued to listen to her. "We have prepared a room for you and when you have fully recovered, you can stay there for a while." Even if she tried to hide it a little, the girl was happy inside. She was never treated so kindly, or at least she didn't remember at first.