εισαγωγές: intros

Lena found herself having little trouble adjusting to her new life. At least the routine of her new life. She woke up every morning, glancing at her schedule to see what kind of classes she had that day. She found herself enjoying a few of them to her surprise. She wasn't entirely sold on some of them though. The Basics of Archery class, she was absolutely terrible at. Everyone joked that she probably wasn't Apollo's daughter with how bad she was, which suited her just fine.

However, she did find herself enjoying War Strategy as well as Ancient Greek. Particularly Ancient Greek, though not really because she was into the language. It was because she had a friend in the class.

In the first few weeks, Lena did find herself having a difficult time integrating herself into the community. Lena had never been a particularly social person, to begin with, and with a school as small as Demos, all the groups were pretty much already established. There were a few other freshman that had arrived at Demos for the new year, but she never found herself connecting with them either. And although she knew she had a standing invite from Winn to hang out with him, she didn't want to impose. So she pretty much kept to herself. She didn't really mind that too much, but it did get lonely at times.

So after the first couple of weeks, when a senior named Maggie Sawyer started sitting next to her in Ancient Greek, she was pretty happy. Maggie had said that she noticed how Lena always sat alone in the class and wanted to include her. Lena was grateful for her new friend, who she found out was a senior and in a beginning level Ancient Greek class because she kept putting it off.

Today was no different, Maggie plopping herself down next to Lena, pulling out one of their textbooks, waiting for the teacher to arrive. "Hey, Little Luthor." Maggie greeted her young friend. Lena smiled, waving to Maggie. "How much do you want to bet that teach is going to be late today?" Maggie wiggled her eyebrows and Lena chuckled. Maggie was a daughter of Nike, the goddess of victory, and one of the traits that Maggie had obviously adopted from her mom was her love for competition.

"How about, if I'm right, you come sit with me and Alex today at lunch?" Maggie said. The Latina woman was always trying to get Lena to socialize more, but Lena always came up with excuses as to why she couldn't. It wasn't that she didn't like Maggie, just she didn't want to be a burden. But Lena was also not one to back down from a challenge either.

"You're on, Sawyer," Lena said and Maggie pumped her fist.

"Yes! You are going down, Luthor." Maggie teased. Lena just rolled her eyes at her friend's competitiveness. Back home, Lena probably never would have been friends with someone like Maggie, but being at Demos, she learned to enjoy the vast differences between everyone. Lena admired Maggie's friendliness and determination.

"So, how have the first couple of weeks been, Little Luthor?" Maggie asked her friend. Lena just shrugged.

"I'm getting adjusted. It's been helpful to keep my days busy." Lena replied.

"Made many new friends? Except yours truly of course." Maggie grinned, pointing to herself. Lena chuckled.

"No, not really. I've mostly kept to myself." Lena admitted. Maggie's gaze softened a little bit.

"Well, we're going to have to remedy that. And look at that, teach is late. Which means you have to sit with me and Alex at lunch today." Lena groaned. Though internally she was a little excited at the prospect.

***

After Ancient Greek, Maggie nearly pulled Lena to a table where she and Alex always sat, along with, to Lena's surprise, Winn, James Olsen, another son of Athena, Mon-El, and Alex's sister, Kara Danvers. Lena and Maggie had grabbed their food before heading over to the table, so Maggie plopped down next to Alex, placing a kiss on her girlfriend's cheek, gesturing to a chair next to her.