ονειρεύομαι: dreaming

Lena didn't remember falling asleep. Though her body was so sore from sparring with Kara that she had headed back to her dorm room after dinner much to the amusement of the group. She had just flipped them all off and said she wasn't as used to everything as they were yet.

When she got back to her room, she had just flopped on the bed, immediately shutting her eyes and letting Morpheus overtake her. Her mind drifted as she slept before settling in the middle of a barren wasteland. Lena looked around, taking in her surroundings. She walked among the stone ruins, running her fingers over the fallen structures, char marks marring the environment and smoke rising in the distance. The murky gray sky was lit up, but Lena could see no clouds or any source of light to brighten the area. Lena frowned as she could make out a figure in the distance.

Somehow, the figure got closer even though Lena nor the strange man were making any movements. Everything stopped when he was a few yards from her and she got a better view of him. She did not recognize the person standing before her. She could see his chest and arms were bare, his lower body covered in armor, though she was looking at his back, his muscles a prominent feature of his body. A golden cape wrapped around his shoulders.

Lena could see dark brown hair cut short atop his head. She glanced down his body to see a fancy and impressive golden sword attached to his hip and a helmet tucked under his arm. The man turned to face Lena and the freshman gasped as she looked at his eyes. Instead of a single color, she saw his gaze shift through various, vibrant shades of red, yellow and orange, like flames were flickering behind his eyes. Lena wanted to take a step back, distance herself from the man in front of her, but she couldn't move.

Lena whimpered, both intimidated and in awe of the man who stood before her. He looked to be much older than her, at least 10 to 15 years if not more. Though if Lena was straight, she might find him attractive. She met his stare, his eyes seeming to stare into her soul. As much as she wanted to look away, she didn't, captivated by the flickering colors of his eyes.

The man opened his mouth, a smooth voice issuing from it, echoing in Lena's ears, "Before the end, you will know who you truly are." Lena frowned, not understanding his words, but quickly shielded her eyes as the man before her disappeared in a brilliant flash of light. Lena slowly opened her eyes as the light faded before she felt a hand grab her wrist. She gasped as the same man had materialized beside her, taking her right wrist in his hand. He wrapped his fingers all the way around it, his palm facing the inside of her wrist.

Lena felt a searing pain in her wrist, like a red hot burn marring her skin. Lena screamed out in her dream, jarring her out of her sleep and she jolted up in her bed, breathing deeply, sweat running down her forehead. The pain disappeared like it had never existed. Lena glanced down at her wrist. To her horror, she saw a glowing symbol etched into her skin. A blazing sun with an open eye in the middle. Lena lifted her wrist to inspect it more closely, but the symbol glowed brightly and disappeared, her pale skin becoming unmarked.

The freshmen blinked and frowned. 'That was more than just a dream.' Lena thought to herself. Shaking her head, she looked out the window of her room. Night had fallen on the campus, the moon high in the sky. Lena got out of her bed and walked over to the window. Unable to fall back to sleep and finding herself unconsciously rubbing her wrist, Lena leaned up against the wall next to the window, watching a few students walk between dorms and others messing around the darkness.

Lena wasn't sure how long she stood there, it could have been hours for all she knew, but eventually she decided to go back to sleep. She would ask Maggie about her dream tomorrow she decided. So Lena actually changed her clothes as she had fallen asleep earlier without doing so. She grabbed an oversized t-shirt and a pair of shorts, stripping down and changing into her pajamas.