αμφιβολία: doubt

Before long, Lena heard her friends calling her name. "I'm here." She shouted out and the other five halfbloods found her rather quickly. "Lena! Are you okay?" Kara asked quickly, hurrying over to her friend and checking her for any injuries, which there were none. Lena nodded without saying anything, though out of the corner of her eye she noticed Alex narrow her eyes, appraising her.

Kara continued to check Lena over but found no sign of injury. Lena figured she might bruise later from the fall she took, but since she never even drew her sword, there obviously would be no scars or anything.

"Are you sure?" Maggie asked.

"I'm fine." Lena snaps, her emotions still running high from all the goings on of the last 48 hours. She felt Kara tense up next to her as the rest of her friends stepped back slightly, a look of concern on all of their faces. The young halfblood looked down to see her hands glowing a pale yellow color. She sighed, trying to relax and the glow faded. "I'm sorry Maggie." She said. The senior nodded in understanding, though a little hesitantly. "I'm just stressed." She tried, though she thought saw the look of fear deep in their eyes. Maybe her father had been right.

"You'd be crazy to not be Lena." Kara piped up, grabbing Lena's hand that had been glowing not a minute ago. "You've been through a lot. Right, Alex?" She gritted out the last bit. Alex frowned but nodded.

"Yeah, it's been rough for you. Don't worry." She said curtly. Lena nodded stiffly, gripping Kara's hand a little tighter.

"What about the hellhounds?" Lena asked, changing the subject, away from herself. She had some thinking to do and she wasn't in the mood to do it that current moment.

"Some killed. Others fled for some reason." Winn said with a shrug. Lena nodded, wondering if Hyperion had anything to do with it. He had sent the alpha off after all. Perhaps they had all followed their leader back home.

"So, what's the plan now? I don't think the bus we arrived on is in any shape to keep going. And I don't know if they would even allow us back on." Lena said. Winn grabbed his phone, searching their location and for any possible transportation centers.

"There's a bus station a couple of miles from here. We could stop there and get a bus to San Fran." He said. Alex nodded.

"It's probably the best possibility we have. I guess we better get going." She said, grabbing Maggie's hand and dragging her off without waiting for the others." Mon-El and Winn scrambled to keep up after Mon-El whispered an apology to Lena. Kara frowned at her sister's back, helping Lena to her feet.

"Did I do something wrong?" Lena asked warily, wondering about Alex's strange behavior. Kara sighed.

"No. You did nothing wrong. Alex is just... being protective. I'll talk to her. Again." Kara said, her mind going back to her discussion with Alex earlier.

***

"Alex! She's not her family. This doesn't change anything." Kara argued after she had found Alex, having killed the hellhound pursuing her. "Lena is still the same girl we met at Demos. I don't know what you have against her, but this has to stop." She said angrily.

"Kara. I'm just trying to protect you. You may unconditionally trust anyone, but I'm more realistic here. She's a liability. Even if she's truthful now, what's to say that she doesn't join her family later? We know they're plotting to destroy Olympus now. Her loyalty is going to be split. And she'll have to choose a side. What assurances do we have that it'll be ours? Hyperion has been visiting her dreams for weeks if not months Kar! How do we know she's telling the truth?" Alex reasoned, trying to get her little sister to see reason.