αποκάλυψη: revelation

After a rather uneventful lunch, bar a potsticker eating competition between Mon-El and Kara which Kara quite easily won, the group all decided to head back to the hotel to hang out together. Maggie challenged Winn to a game of pool, betting a week of her Ancient Greek homework against his History homework that she could beat him. The son of Hephaestus took up her bet eagerly. Mon-El did the dutiful friend thing and bet on Winn, though all the girls bet on Maggie. "Thanks for the vote of confidence guys." Winn complained as they exited the restaurant.

Kara shrugged. "I've seen you play pool before Winn." She replied. Winn pouted, but didn't offer any defense. Lena laughed softly at her friend's expense.

"Don't worry man, I've got you." Mon-El said brightly, patting Winn on the back. Winn threw Mon-El a grateful look, nodding to his friend.

The group decided to cut through a mostly empty lot to get back to their hotel faster. It looked like it was the former home to some sort of office building or something that had been knocked down. There was a smattering of rubble around in the dust and gravel of the lot. A sudden chill descended on the halfbloods, strange for the time of day it was. The sun shining directly overhead. Lena felt a shiver run up her spine, absentmindedly rubbing her right wrist. Kara seemed to sense the same chill, bring her left hand to grab the pendant around her neck, her right hand immediately finding Lena's hand, grabbing hold of it tightly. Lena winced a little bit at the amount of force Kara was using, but didn't comment.

"Stop." Alex said, holding out a hand to everyone, taking a hesitant step forward. A slight shimmer appeared in front of the group before a foggy mist rolled into the lot. "The Mist." Alex said hesitantly, taking a slight step back. Maggie grabbed one of her knives out of the hidden sheath in her jacket. The Mist was a sure sign that there was something mythical headed their way. And in such a public place, they had no idea what any passing humans might see.

Out of the rolling mist came a group of twelve Scythian Dracaena, human females with large serpent tails instead of legs, all brandishing spears and shields, making their way towards the group. What seemed to be the leader of the pack, slightly in front of the others spoke, "Halfbloodsss. My lord Kronos wishess you taken care of." She said, eyeing the six halfbloods.

Kara tore the pendant from her neck, pressing the button it and extending her sword and brandishing it in front of her. Mon-El, being a son of Ares, was able to call his sword and shield at will. Maggie pulled out another dagger from a sheath on her thigh and Alex pulled a small rod from her pocket, the small metal piece extending into a full staff. Winn was playing with a pouch on his belt. Which left Lena. She rubbed at her wrist, feeling it tingle again. However, this time Lena focused on the tingling sensation. She held her hand out in front of her as the mark glowed a light golden color and her sword materialized in her hand.

"We're not the ones who will be taken care of." Kara hissed, more defensive than Lena had ever seen her before. The leader of the pack seemed to turn her attention to Kara.

"Kara Danversss. The prodigal daughter of Zeus. We will take great pleasure in delivering your head to lord Kronos." Lena gripped her sword tighter, her eyes narrowing at the monsters. This must be part of what Hyperion had warned her about in her dreams. Mon-El, it seemed, also took great offense at the statement, yelling angrily, charging towards the pack. Maggie and Alex were quick to follow.

The son of Ares quickly engaged two of the Scythian Dracaena, splitting them away from the pack to fight them on his own, dodging and blocking their spears with his shield, swiping at them with his own sword. Maggie and Alex, close behind Mon-El had peeled away four of them and were standing back to back, surrounded by the snake women. "I've got your back Danvers." Maggie said with a smirk, looking at one of the monsters in front of her.