αναχωρεί: departing

The group gathered in J'onn's office that same morning. It was a Saturday and the group was going to be sent off on their quest that day. They had all met for breakfast, giving James their goodbyes with promises to call him and keep him in the loop as much as they could. And now all six of them were waiting as J'onn set his hands on his desk, standing behind it. He looked to Lena. "I see you've made your choices." He said to her with a small smile and a knowing look. Lena glanced at her friends, then back to the headmaster, nodding.

"Yes, sir." She said stiffly. Her nerves were back and in full force. Kara must have noticed Lena's uncomfortable posture because she reached down and grabbed Lena's hand in hers. Lena's heart skipped a beat, but the warmth of Kara's hand in hers allowed her to relax a little bit. She chanced a glance at Kara, but her friend was still staring straight ahead at J'onn, though there was a small smile on her face.

"Very well. I'm assuming Miss. Luthor has filled you all in on your mission?" He asked everyone and they all nodded.

"Yup! We're going to go spy on the Titans." Mon-El said brightly. Everyone have him a sharp look. He scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "I mean... we are, aren't we?" He said sheepishly. Alex rolled her eyes at the junior.

"Yes Mon-El, that is your mission. I just have a few words of warning before you leave. I'd caution you to keep to land travel as much as possible. Kara, I know you're a daughter of Zeus, but traveling on the road will give everyone a better chance of dealing with any rogue monsters that may cross your path," He said, giving Kara a pointed look.

"Shouldn't this be a surprise mission, though? Why would there be monsters after us?" Winn questioned. Maggie was the one to answer before J'onn could.

"You can never be too careful Winn. We believe that the Titans know nothing, but who knows? Maybe they do," She said, J'onn nodding at her.

I would much rather you not put yourselves in a situation that could put you into a corner. Traveling on a plane would not leave you very many options. Land travel gives you more routes of escape," Lena nodded in understanding.

"We can take my car," Alex offered. Lena looked up at the senior.

"You have a car?" She asked. Alex nodded.

"I do," She confirmed. "I don't usually have anywhere to drive it since it's usually safer for all of us to stay at the school, but my parents got me one after I had been officially claimed," Alex said with a shrug. Kara rolled her eyes.

"Show off," She mumbled under her breath. Lena hid a laugh, having heard Kara's words.

"It's settled then. You'll leave as soon as possible. Thank you, Ms. Danvers," J'onn said, nodding approvingly at Alex. "If you'll give me a second alone with Lena, I'll send you on your way." Everyone nodded and filed out of the room. Kara was the last to leave, loathe to drop Lena's hand, but she did, giving her friend a reassuring smile before following everyone else out. Lena's grip felt empty without Kara's fingers entwined with hers.

"Miss. Luthor. I want to wish you the best of luck." J'onn said, sitting down at his desk. "I'm not going to sugarcoat this for you and say it's going to be easy. I get the feeling that this is going to test your limits; your strength, your will, your determination, and your loyalty." Lena bit her lip, having been feeling the same since she had spoken with the Oracle. "Your friends will be there to help you, but your decisions rest on your shoulders. Only you can make the right choices for yourself." Lena nodded curtly.

"I understand, sir. I won't let you down." J'onn smiled at her confidence.

"It's not me you have to worry about Lena." He said with a nod. "Now, I believe your friends are waiting for you." He said. Lena nodded again, turning to exit the office where everyone was standing around. Kara approached her friend first.