09

Louis sits across the table with Harry by his side. It's now 3 in the afternoon, with Simon being over an hour late. The two arrived at Simons hotel around an hour and a half before he was set to come. Either his plane is late, or he is just being an ass and refusing to meet the two on time.

Liam is waiting at the front of the door, constantly checking his watch- to make sure that he is, in fact, an hour and counting late.

"What the fuck is taking him so long?" Louis groans.

Liam shoots his head in his direction, nodding to his statement.

Harry continues to look at his phone- his laptop in front of him checking emails as well. Louis twiddles his thumbs, impatient at the fact that Simon can't even arrive at a meeting he wanted to have.

"Seriously, why couldn't he have just called?" Louis asks Liam.

Liam shakes his head and crosses his arms over his chest.

"I don't know Louis," He says- tired of the omegas complaining.

Louis slumps into his chair.

Luckily the lobby receptionists let the three into Simons hotel room after waiting in the lobby for twenty minutes. Fans checking in noticed Louis sitting down and started running up to him; luckily, Harry yelled at them, and they all quickly scampered away. He felt quite embarrassed after having harassed the young people for no reason when all they wanted a photo- but he used his job as an excuse. 

Louis could basically hear the back, and forth chatter going on inside Harry's head from three seats away. 

Louis had noticed the shift in the atmosphere ever since the two had left their hotel. Since the phone call, they have kept a distance physically and mentally. The two only ever talking when they need to and only come as close when sitting next to each other. 

Louis liked to sneak a glance of the alpha whenever he was busy in his own thoughts. 

A knock on the door sends a rumble through the hotel suite. 

All heads turn in the direction of the door, including Harry's. Liam receives a shock from the sudden noise and grabs the door handle to open the door. 

Louis hates to admit it- but he was nervous about meeting with him. He hated how Simon could dictate his emotions- the one thing Louis has control over. 

Liam opens the door, and a man with black slicked-back hair and a large frame stands there beside Simon. Louis swallows the lump in his throat when he spots the maniac next to the security guard and quickly looks back to the table. 

He can feel his stomach in his throat. 

"Payne," Simon nods as he walks into the room.

"Mr Cowell," Liam replies, lifting his hand to shake the other man's hand. 

Louis hates seeing Liam like this; it's when he brings out his professionalism and alpha-like traits.

Simon nods and takes his hand in his. Shaking it firmly a couple of times and dropping the contact after a couple of seconds. Liam gestures in the direction of Harry and Louis to where Simon spots the two.

"Can I offer you a drink, sir?" Liam asks. 

Simon nods while looking at the table that sits Harry and Louis.

"Whiskey," He says.

Louis tenses up.

Simon watches Harry and Louis sitting at the table, two chairs unoccupied on the other side. He starts to walk towards the chairs, pulling out the chair opposite Louis and sitting down- continuing to keep his eyes frozen on the omega.