23

Yemen

Soft breathes exit the alpha's mouth as he throws full force punches into the sturdy red punching bag. His knuckles ache from the repetitive impact and the cold morning air weakening his joints. His mind stays relatively blank as his hands continue to beat the material, his forehead shining with a thin layer of sweat.

He's been making himself get up early every morning since leaving. At first, he disliked it immensely- his shoulders and back sore and tired throughout the day, but now as he's adjusted to the different lifestyle, he seems to be relatively okay when it comes to working out before the sun has risen. He would look to his phone to check the time, but he knows it's already 5:30 am.

He began waking up and doing exercise as a way of discipline and he guesses a way of putting his anger and frustration into something that wasn't going to harm anyone. He finds it soothing, punching away his distress into an item that doesn't matter. Because no matter how much he tries, he cannot stop thinking about Louis.

Another hard punch.

His hair, his laugh, the way he teases Harry and complains about the littlest of things- Harry misses all of it. It frustrates the alpha, he expected as soon as he separated himself from temptation and lust- that the feelings would become temporary and he would forget about the omega in a matter of days. It's now been two weeks, and he never expected to stay here for this long. The omega far from exiting his mind.

Louis confuses Harry, to no one's surprise. The way he begs for him then turns him away the next instant. It makes him want to shout in agony from the rope they are constantly pulling on either side- neither of them giving up.

Harry hopes Louis has forgotten about him, moved on as such. It would make the entire situation easier if one of the two gave up first. But there's also a small feeling inside his heart that is praying day by day that Louis is still ready to take him back- that all Harry needs to do is show up at his hotel room and knock softly on his door. He secretly hopes that Louis is just as worried as he is. Harry finds himself waking up every morning thinking about his whereabouts and if he's okay. The service here is horrible, and the number of times he's walked out into the middle of the fields at night to find service to check the news about him is uncountable.

He's in LA right now, doing a show for a charity event, but Harry knows how these things work. It was probably an excuse for him to either have a break or be signed to a new contract for a new PPO- or worse. Why else would he take a week break from his already scheduled tour to perform at a festival across the world from where he has to perform. Not to mention his label's studio is in LA, and Simon only traveled to France for the serenity and nostalgia of the place.

despite his own worrying he just prays that he's okay, sleeping well and that Liams taking care of him. Perhaps Harry was wrong, the entire time his opinion of the alpha was misjudged and that his perception of how Liam was with Louis was merely just a friendship. Nothing more.

Another punch.

"Harry!" Someone calls out.

He's too focused tiring his biceps and forearms to listen to the voice calling his name.

"Harry- get down from there." The voice calls out again.

The alpha sighs and takes out one earbud, breathing quickly as he spots the brunette omega from the bottom of the stairs.

"You're gonna wake up the bloody street," He says frustrated lifting his hands to express his meaning of small frustration.

Harry winces.

"Sorry, Niall." He hums.

The omega shakes his head and drops his hands back to his sides.

"No, it's okay," He says, "I made you breakfast, come get it."