22

2 weeks later. 

He reads over the first sentence numerous times, still unable to take in the information every time he starts a new attempt. 

Louis William Tomlinson agrees on the signing to the previous three-album deal under the new management of... 

Louis had never experienced pain such as this before, sitting in front of the most powerful man he knows; signing away his broken best friend for a replacement manager he had never met before. He lost his best friend and boyfriend in one week, and now it hurts to even move. He called his mum for the first time in months when Liam was being strapped down to the resistant chair. He couldn't control his sobs as he watched Liam plead to Louis, apologizing and hyperventilating as four alphas tightly tied down his arms and legs to a mobile bed. 

He mostly managed to keep himself together, but when they put the cage over his mouth once he started frothing at the mouth in anger he couldn't handle it. His eyes became numb from the stinging of his tears and his heart ached for the boy. 

As he watched him being wheeled away Louis listened and felt the memories they had created over their friendship. His feet were glued to the floor as a police officer consoled the omega through the loud noises and crying. He watched Liam's smile flash over his mind, their laughing, the normality Louis and he once had. 

The doctors said it had something to do with stress and the knowledge that his "mate" was with another alpha. Louis couldn't listen to their entire speech on how Louis had broken him from the fighting and the way he was slipping away from him. They said he could get better, but the chances of him ever sustaining from the constant state of aggression are rare. Since then, Louis has been having nightmares every night, but now featuring the face of Liam yelling at him, the picture of the foam and growls exiting his throat keeping him up at night. 

Louis shakes now, he cries less but he's in a temporary state of paralysis at all times. Never truly knowing or trusting anything anymore. He has miss calls from almost everyone, including Anne. He hasn't even called his mum back after they talked when Liam was being wheeled away. He cut the line shortly after he watched him being taken into the elevator. 

Louis has refused to perform altogether for the last two weeks, his feet quite literally being unable to move at the thought of confronting and speaking up about anything to his fans. He should feel guilty, but he doesn't... he can't. He can't feel anything but pain, physical pain. His knees ache, his neck is sore, and he feels like all his organs have shut down, his lungs permanently forced to compress and his heart shattered like delicate glass. 

Except now, he's forced to talk for the first time in days, Simon demanded a meeting to where they decide on who is controlling Louis for the next three albums. 

"Louis," Simon asks, "I know this is hard, but I need you to sign the paper." 

Louis looks up from the piece of paper, his gaze soft- not interested. 

"Where?" He asks quietly. 

Simon breathes heavily and points his finger to the line where it requires the signature of Louis. He reads the line once more. 

Louis William Tomlinson agrees on the signing to the previous three-album deal under the new management of Zayn Malik.

Zayn Malik he thinks. What a peculiar name. He looks up slowly to see the alpha attempting to smile at Louis. It's almost common knowledge by this point in the music industry to know what happened to Louis. The police reports got leaked to Simon that revealed Liam forcefully mated Louis, resulting in whispers of rumors around the label. Anyone whose higher in the ranks knows about it.