𓆩:*¨༺✧ ♛ ✧༻¨*:𓆪Chapter 18: Arrange to wed

We're born to be sad, sad, sad, sad
So start to be glad, glad, glad, glad

Vicky Pov

You introduced Tala to the young count the following day. Tala was quickly enarmoured by the attractive royal, much to everyone's surprise. Eduardo was clearly impressed with her best friend, as she could see.

He was quite charming, and despite his tendency to seem overly somber, he was courteous and considerate. Tala gave you a thumbs up, which is unfortunate because he is not your soulmate.

You were nervous because, following the royal visit to the Duke and Duchess of Ronqiillio, Princess Francesca and her family, as well as the Duke and his family, would pay them a visit for the dedication of the surprise grand daughter.

When Jin-goo learnt that the bothersome princess wants the marriage negotiations to continue once she meets Prince Jin-cute and talkative daughter, his dreams were dashed.

If he had to leave Seolhyun, he will most likely marry Fransesca before marrying Tala. The former is more his style than his child's mother, who is petite and unassuming. As Hwannies' mother, he respects Tala, but he can't imagine himself with her.

Princess Francesca's parents couldn't understand why she wanted to marry Jin-Goo when he could just marry the young commoner who had given him a beautiful daughter.

He turned to you under the pavilion while you and Eduardo were taking a quiet stroll in the royal garden. You were surrounded by a thick foliage. The area is peaceful, and you enjoy coming here with your bodyguards in the background. You'll bring a blanket and cushions, which the staff or your ladies will set up, and you'll unwind with some snacks and a good mystery novel.

However, you were in the company of your future husband today.

As he clasped your hand in his, he smiled, "Princess I have a confession to make. But promise me that you will not laugh."

You're grinning at the Count and biting your lower lip in anticipation."When we're alone, Eduardo, please call me Vicky. I promise I wouldn't laugh." You grin nervously into his eyes.

" You grin nervously into his eyes

"I've had my eye on you since you were sixteen years old. I liked you back then, and I like you much more now. During his birthday celebration, Jin-Goo urged me to keep away from you and not to approach you. He reminded me of a (perro guardián)guard dog. I couldn't believe how beautiful you were when you were presented at the ball with all the 18-year-old debutantes... If my parents wish to arrange a marriage for me, I'd prefer it to be with you. I know it'll be your 21st birthday in a few days, but you still haven't met your soulmate. —-"With purpose, he glanced at you, and the intensity of his gaze made your heart flutter. " —-would you be interested in marrying me?--- if things don't work out as far as the strings are concerned between the two of you." He bit his lower lip as he awaited your response.