38. Doom and Gloom

Alright, things are moving along right now. This is going to be a lore heavy chapter, but things will speed up soon. Not to mention these chapters do set up key conflicts for later.

Either way, I hope you all enjoy!

Karkat had to spend an inordinate amount of time explaining what happened to everyone else, and even longer having to explain what any of what he said meant. Considering he was kidnapped by two people claiming to be holding the timeline together, it was somewhat warranted.

At least Bec staying around provided proof of it. Even if he was keeping his distance.

"I swear that dog is just leading us to our doom. And that isn't the cat in me talking." Nepeta kept her eyes on the faceless dog, doing her best to not to let it out of her sight. "You sure we can really trust it? Or its owner either?"

"Not really. I'm still expecting this to turn into them trying to ritually sacrifice me, but I'm willing to play along until it happens." Karkat figured that he'd at least learn something from this. Besides, whatever kept him away from Amity Park was worth it right now. "If they're being truthful, then we're at least making some powerful allies, right?"

"I'm still waiting to see one of your robes before making any judgement. The dog's cool, I'll have to admit." Terezi still had her weapon since he reappeared back in front of them. She wasn't going to take any chances. "Wonder what they trained him. You think he plays fetch or- wait, no, he doesn't have a mouth."

"Shouldn't we be a lot more concerned that we don't know where it's taking us? I'm pretty sure we've all forgotten that part." Tavros looked at all of them like they were crazy, which was a fair assumption. "I'm starting think you guys are just addicted to danger or something."

"Ghosts are extremely emotional, Pupa, and that means we want thrills more. Maybe you're just built different." Vriska flicked the boy's nose before going back to drifting lazily on her back. "Besides, think of it like playing make believe pirates or something. Isn't kid stuff your thing or something?"

"You know that isn't my 'thing.'" Tavros pinched the bridge of his nose, sighing. "I don't get why I hang out with you guys."

"Because we're the only ghosts your age who know you." Nepeta stopped, making everyone do so too. "I see two people in the distance. Looks like Bec got us where we need to go."

She wasn't lying, considering that there were two very distinctive people meddling about on an asteroid. Karkat vaguely recognized the two of them, one being dressed in robes with the Light Aspect symbol. He definitely remembered the adult figure wearing the nondescript robes, who was holding a ball of yarn as the Light Robe knit.

"Well, fuck me sideways with a chainsaw. They're real." Terezi didn't seem happy about it, quite honestly. She took in stride, though, turning her head towards Karkat. "This is your scene. You decide what to do here."

"We should probably go slow. Considering there's an adult ghost here, I don't want to do anything too crazy." Karkat rubbed at his chin, thinking it through. "I'm surprised to see only two here, though. And one of them isn't even marked with an Aspect. Seems weird to me."

"Yeah, they're probably hiding a third guy somewhere. Or maybe he's just a little late." Said the guy in blue hood. He was in the same position as Karkat, if somewhat goofier. "Probably a pretty funny and charming guy too."

Everyone nodded along before eventually stopping, giving the blue hooded guy some stares. His own robes were adorned in the Breath Aspect. Not to mention surprisingly geeky, with the choppy black hair and large square glasses.