15. My Sister's Keeper

Well, sorry to keep you waiting folks! Hope that it didn't take me too long to get this out there, but I wanted to make sure it had a proper conclusion. There's still one more part to this little arc, but I think you'll enjoy it.

Either way, nothing serious to report for now, so might as well get on with the story. Hope you enjoy!

Karkat figured doing the superhero schtick would lead to him fighting some weird enemies down the line. Admittedly, dragons weren't at the top of the list of things he'd expected to fight, but it was a good wake-up call. He was probably going to fight a wide variety of people with different intentions in mind.

He still didn't expect a musical villain, though. That was certainly different.

The fight had started, predictably, with Vriska slamming down on her guitar, the strings going wild as an ecto-blast flew towards him. Dodging to the side, he avoided the actual blast, but was still hit by the sound. It practically deafened him for a few seconds as it passed by.

"Jeez, is it too late to request the old stuff?" He raised the ecto-gun firing a few shots at her to prevent another blast. "The new stuff sounds like shit!"

"I'd be happy to play some of the old stuff if you hadn't destroyed some of my shit!" Vriska swerved away from blasts, floating around cockily. "You know expensive speakers are? Pretty expensive if you don't steal them like I did!"

Karkat, mentally adding theft as another crime to her list, flew downward to avoid another blast. "Why am I not surprised? You have one of your friends steal it for you?"

Vriska hummed, sending blast after blast every time she strummed a guitar string. "Maybe. Pretty easy when you got the skills I do." She flew up a few inches higher, smirk getting wider. "Then again, a pretty face like mine can get people to do anything I want."

"I'm pretty that's just mind control. You're face has nothing to do with it." Karkat stuck close to the ground, dodging the blasts. Each one got closer every time. "Even if it was, I'm pretty I'm going to fix that pretty soon."

He suddenly swung upward, twisting his body kicking her in the chin. He followed it up with a blast sent directly at her chest. The blows seemingly surprised her, sending her back a fair ways away. When she stopped, her rubbed her jaw, wiping off some ectoplasm that fell from her lips.

"Well," She adjusted the guitar and messed with it, as if to tune it. "Guess we're getting serious now. Bring it!"

Karkat started to realize that she may have been going easy on him at first when a few ecto-blasts were sent his way. He dodged a few, but one grazed at his side and almost burned his suit. Hissing from the pain, he focused more on flying erratically and spreading her fire.

She didn't let up for a second, a devilish melody playing from the guitar. She seemed to enjoy his struggling, laughing it up from her little position in the sky.

Karkat attempted to go down again, hoping it'd buy him some time, but a wave of ice almost hit when he did. He looked up, noting the blue glow coming from Vriska's hands.

"Ice powers?! Are you fucking kidding?!" He dodged another wave of ice, sharp edges almost piercing him that time. "You got any other tricks to pull out of your ass?"

"Try and impress me. Maybe you'll find out!" When Karkat tried going back up again, she started playing her guitar with fervor. "If you can't keep up with this, you might want to back off now."

"Fat fucking chance!" Karkat did think that a tactical retreat would be good, especially since he didn't have any viable backup. Plus, unless he gained a speed boost or some extra stamina, he couldn't dodge the blasts forever. The ice presented a completely different problem.