0.7

Up top is art I found on Deviantart by Elsa Kroese. It's a picture of Jemima Kirk, aka Ostara. Just wanted to give you all the painting feel for later in the this chapter <3

Readers: *Excited and ready to be in present time!!*
Me: "Ehe, you didn't think it was going to be that easy, did you?"

Catch me writing most Mikaelson family interactions as bickering because that's really how they were all the time.

One year ago, New Orleans

     New Orleans was a city of music, magic, the supernatural, culture, and the Mikaelsons. The immortal original vampire family founded this city. So, it made sense that they would want to run it now, a few hundred years later. It took a few years but the Mikaelsons, mostly Niklaus, asserted dominance over the many supernatural groups and the humans as well. New Orleans has been relatively peaceful for the last fifteen-ish years. Most would be very reluctant to admit that the Originals presence did improve the lives of pretty much everyone. The vampires, who already had it good, were another story.

The Mikaelson family was much bigger than one would originally expect. Especially with only around four of them being known by the general public of New Orleans. The Mikaelson's all lived in a large compound deeply protected by magic to avoid all kinds of pests. Contrary to popular belief, there were more than just vampires living in the compound, though most were vampires of course. They also had a few supernatural maids properly hired and paid, like Elijah insisted they must be. Niklaus knew when to pick his fights so he let that one go. Even if compelling would be much easier and convenient. Elijah would just go on about how good work and loyalty couldn't be forced.

The four original vampire siblings were now accompanied by their eldest immortal witch sister, Freya. She was previously believed to be long dead, which was not the case. Freya had married a beautiful now-hybrid woman named Keelin not too long ago. There was Niklaus' wife Amelia and their daughter Hope. Kol was in a relationship with Lucien still, though they never married because they never felt the need to. The two men were well aware of who they belonged to. Finally, there was Loki, a teenage boy more recently adopted by the two vampire boyfriends.

Kol and Lucien were both not planning on raising a child ever in their immortal lives. The two of them strongly disliking Marcellus when he was still a child, and after too, just further cemented their stance on kids. They stopped by an orphanage in New Orleans out of pure curiosity and boredom. Child could be annoying runts, but they also were often unfiltered. Kol and Lucien both found it amusing.

     At the orphanage they met a young child by the name of Loki that was a renowned troublemaker so he wasn't able to get adopted. Kol insisted that it was fate. A child by the name of the god he worshipped when he was alive, that also happened to be a troublemaking witch. They brought Loki home the same day. Most of the family was rightfully shocked and at least half were pretty concerned. Lucien and Kol were the cool uncles, not the picture-perfect dads.