0.2

Over a hundred years later

Ostara was not surprised when Kol was the first one that sought her out. As Finn was forcibly silenced with a dagger in his chest, and three of her siblings leaned on each other as well as Ostara growing up. Kol was the inevitable left over. And he turned to Ostara, his older sister and mother figure. While the three other awake originals had each other, Kol only had Ostara. What Ostara was not expecting was the fact that Kol had been daggered for an extended period of time. He had been acting out, lashing at his siblings, especially Niklaus, for allowing Ostara to depart from them so easily.

    As soon as Kol had been undaggered, he went in search of Ostara. It took him four months as well as a few talented witches. Ostara was elated to see her little brother. She kept loose tabs on her siblings. By doing this she was able to throw Mikael off their trail by staging massacres that would put Kol's usual ones to shame. Ostara was more calculated in hers, of course, she always went for the bad people. The ones that hurt others intentionally. Ostara had killed a few innocents in her early years, and she wouldn't do that again. If she was going to protect her family, she'd have to sacrifice people. That didn't mean she'd have to sacrifice people that were kind and true. She had to compel a few innocents so when Mikael came around he believed one of her more reckless siblings had pulled it.

   Ostara had been in a small town in the corner of Asia when Kol found her. Ostara had immediately pulled him into a hug and started crying. She never wanted to leave her siblings. She never even wanted to leave Niklaus. But she didn't want to upset him. She had originally assumed he just needed time to cool off then he'd come get her. As time passed, Ostara came to the conclusion that Niklaus was far too stubborn and afraid to admit he was wrong. Ostara had to stop herself from running back to his side to comfort him and validate his feelings. Ostara was feeling too petty to do that, plus why did she always have to be the one to be the bigger person? Why could he get away with controlling his family?

Kol had stayed with Ostara for the next decade. Together they sought out covens to learn more about magic and improving the newer magic Kol was trying. At the same time, Ostara began teaching her little brother about her newly-gained techniques to throw off their abusive father. Ostara had thought she was quite frustrated with Niklaus, even after so long. Especially since Niklaus probably forgot why she left in the first place. Kol, however, was furious. Ostara had never seen Kol so angry. But whenever he talked about Niklaus's treatment and their other siblings indifference, he simply exploded.

In a way, it greatly concerned Ostara. She did not want her little brother to harbour such anger. Anger that he was carrying for her. She tried to talk to him to calm him, which worked somewhat. But it seemed there was only so much she could do for him. This bothered her, of course. She always had wanted to be able to carry the entirety of all her siblings problems. She often forgot that they were their own person. There was a line that another person would never be able to cross. People have to be able to help themselves sometimes, and her siblings fell into that category.

   While Kol travelled with Ostara she often found herself waking up with her brother wrapped in her arms. This was common when they were human. Many of her younger siblings would crowd her to sleep better. Always sneaking around though, as their father would disapprove of their reliance on her. Ostara started dreaming of her human days more often because of this familiar scene. She couldn't exactly decide if she liked being a human better. Many of her siblings easily chose hating or loving the immortal life they know held. But Ostara almost felt indifference. For every downside she could find a positive. Being a vampire wasn't a good nor bad thing. Ostara just wished she had a consistent person to spend it with. She wasn't even sure what that looked like for her, so it's not like she could dwell on it. For now.

...

I just want to clarify the 'ages' of the Mikaelsons!
Ostara- 30 (age of turning)
Freya- 28 (aged slowly with Delilah)
Finn- 28 (age of turning)
Elijah- 24 (age of turning)
Niklaus- 23 (age of turning)
Kol- 21 (age of turning)
Rebekah- 19 (age of turning)
Henrik- 16 (age of death)
*There is no confirmed age for when the originals turned. These are just the ages I have decided to go with for the story.*