1.2

Present, Beacon Hills

       Scott and Ostara sat in Scott's bedroom, though he allowed Liam to use the room when he was out for school. Scott asked for a private audience with his mother. Because of the many supernatural beings in the house at the moment, Ostara agreed to perform a spell preventing them from listening in.

      After minutes of silence with Scott trying to find the words he wanted to say, Ostara spoke up.

      "This is about you turning, is it not?"

Scott's head snapped up from its lowered position to look at his mother in surprise. Though he rationalized silently to himself, of course, she already knew. Ostara was wise and caught onto things quickly. Scott had known Ostara for the majority of his life. He had noticed those traits a long time ago.

Finally, Scott resigned by nodding in confirmation. He had yet to vocalize this with anyone yet. Not even Stiles or Stefan. He decided to converse with his mother to get her opinion. She had been alive the longest, after all.

      "I want to know what you think about it," Scott said quietly. Though it was for no reason other than his nervousness.

        "I can tell you have already made your decision, but I will tell you my perspective nonetheless," Ostara replied.

       "You, Scott Mikaelson, are my son. And selfishly I would want nothing more than to have you by my side forever. However, this decision is one you should make entirely for yourself. I'm sure this is in no way a rash choice. Still, as your mother, I feel obligated to go over my concerns for your sake," Ostara told him softly. Pausing, she waited for his nod of understanding before continuing.

       "Vampirism may mean immortality, but it does not mean you are immune to death itself. No creature truly is. I imagine you'd already consider the diet, the bloodlust, the intensified emotions, and the new weaknesses to sunlight, among other things. I simply want you to understand the inevitability of death, it is one thing all beings in existence cannot escape from, not fully. I would tear apart this world to keep our family safe, but there is only so much that can be done against the natural order of things," Ostara paused again giving Scott a moment to ponder her words.

       "You have faced death more than anyone should have to. Prolonging your life will not stop these losses. I will also add that there's almost no way you will keep your wolf side. Your species of werewolf has been able to turn in the past, but the vampirism has cancelled out the werewolf half. I cannot say for certain, as you're a rare case of a true alpha. But, you will have to be prepared for the very real chance of you losing that part of yourself," Ostara finished.

"If you had the choice at the time, would you have turned?" Scott questioned curiously. Ostara regarded him with a soft smile before she answered.