1.3

*Me looking at the unnecessarily long ass list of all the people having dinner at Ostara and Melissa's house*: "Surely I can make this shorter and easier to digest..."

(Don't worry all, lots of these people won't be here for the full family reunions. They just get their little cameos and get the see the beginning of the family drama. The rest they will read from the pack group chat XD)

Because of the excessive amount of people, here's a bit of explanation for where everyone is seated. Table has two people at the 'head' of the ends. Then six people on each side. Here's a visual of placement!

 Here's a visual of placement!

...

Present, Beacon Hills

"You know, she was right by here the last time I saw her. Normally she doesn't stay in one place for so long. Our parent's death must have put her more at ease," Kol told Freya. He was driving the car, Lucien in the passenger seat. Behind them were Freya, Keelin, and Loki. Kol had forced the rest of the family to go to a hotel in a nearby town first. The last thing he wanted to do was overwhelm and upset his sister.

        "That doesn't explain why she was so careful with her location," Lucien said deep in thought. In more recent times it was easier for Lucien to keep in contact with Ostara through letters or phone calls when the landline was created. However, after Kol sought out Lucien and they went off together for a few years, Lucien lost contact with her. And so did Kol. At first, it wasn't too weird, the heretic always had protections in place. Eventually, though, it was clear that something was different.

       "Henrik's not alive too, is he?" Freya questioned. Slightly bitter, though the tiniest thread of hope was apparent. If her twin sister was alive, surely the rest of the siblings could be as well. Freya was well aware she didn't spend hundreds of years with her siblings like the rest of them. Hell, she wasn't even around for Elijah's birth and everyone that came after. Still, it hurt a little when they kept major things from her.

      "What? No," Kol said right away. He couldn't tell if she was joking or not. Which was unsettling for him. Normally he's good at picking up on bullshit.

       "Finn?" Freya further implored. Kol looked back at Freya in disbelief long enough for it to be uncomfortable. After all, he was the one driving. When Lucien decided driving in the opposite lane with their child in the car was becoming too dangerous, he slapped his boyfriend's arm to get him to snap out of it.

        "You were... you were literally around! You know he's not."

        "I'm just making sure there aren't any other major family-related things that are being kept from me."

        "Well, there's not, at least on my end. I'm... sorry I didn't tell you, Freya. I wanted to ease ma into everything so she wasn't stressed. I didn't tell you until I needed your help and that was unfair," Kol said with mild difficulty. He was trying to acknowledge his wrongs. Because he was better than Niklaus, damn it!

        "Thank you. I'm not mad really. I just- If you didn't say anything... would anyone else have?" Freya questioned hesitantly. That was what was bothering her the most. All of them never acted like they were hiding her much-alone twin sister. Would that have continued forever if Kol didn't intervene?

       "I don't know. Niklaus never could quite get that stick out of his ass. Maybe Amelia could have made him if he ever told her that is," Kol said. He couldn't speak on behalf of Elijah and Rebekah. Kol didn't know them well enough, not since they were human.

       "As far as we know she hasn't met up with anyone else in the family since Finn was originally daggered over nine hundred years ago. When Kol told her about Finn passing shortly after Elijah woke him, she was devastated," Lucien added. Technically Ostara would not say anything about meeting other siblings if they asked her to lie. But she seemed too detached and upset to have been visited by anyone else.

        "Ma used to keep an eye on us all religiously. When Mikael was around still hunting Klaus. After I talked to her about the ongoings of Mystic Falls, she must've thought major threats had been dealt with. Which they had, the ones we knew of at the time that is."

         Loki and Keelin were watching the conversation the same way one would watch a tennis or ping pong match. Keelin was very excited to meet her wife's twin. She had mentioned Ostara to Keelin on several different occasions. She had seen Freya's grief for her younger twin firsthand so she was, quite frankly, mad on her wife's behalf. Being in the family long enough she knew of their frequent petty arguments. But this whole situation seemed to be the worst Keelin knew of. And it impacted Freya the worst as well, which Keelin did not appreciate, to say the least.

       "Are we going to talk about what Uncle Nik said that made Ostara so mad?" Loki questioned. Butting into the conversation with his main curiosity about this whole situation. They briefly said it had to do with Niklaus first daggering Finn. But they didn't give the details.

       "Klaus told her that we didn't need her protection, he didn't care if she left, and he refused to undagger Finn or get rid of the remaining daggers," Kol explained. Being one of the only ones who heard some of that conversation. Elijah, Rebekah, and Kol only listened in when it got particularly loud. With Niklaus having intense hallucinations from the witch's curse, there was an abnormal amount of noise often enough that a little ruckus went unbothered.

       "I didn't even know she turned," Freya whispered, mostly to herself. Keelin grabbed one of her wife's hands and squeezed reassuringly. Freya always held onto her hope to reunite with her remaining siblings when she was trapped by Dahlia. She had never even fathomed being able to see her twin again, not until death at least.