1.0

Trigger Warning: slight mentions of death, torture, and murder, brief mentions of pedophilia and sexual assault. (all trigger warnings are solely for the flashback mid-chapter).

*smacks new chapter onto a table proudly*
"This bad boy is filled with Ostara x Melissa fluff, you're welcome."

Present, Beacon Hills

      Ostara considered her job a blessing. Centuries passed and she never tires of seeing young people so curious and excited about the world. Frankly, in her long time on this earth, Ostara didn't work with children nearly enough. After her fight with Niklaus, she actively avoided interacting with children at all. Seeing kids running around made her remember when her siblings were still young. When she could go see her siblings and not worry about one of them stuffing others in coffins for 'safety'.

     Settling down in Beacon Hills felt like Ostara's saving grace. Before she could never really stay places long, not just because of immortality, but because she had to protect her siblings from Mikael from afar. When that was no longer a worry, Ostara was finally able to find a place she could stay and live in. The town she picked certainly didn't turn out to be the most conventional. But as one of the oldest immortals, those things were expected.

      Finding Melissa was one of the more astonishing of Ostara's experiences. Especially because she wasn't sure when she even fell for the woman. Ever since they met, Ostara knew Melissa was objectively pretty, caring, and nice. She grew to cherish the woman as a friend. Seemingly out of nowhere, Ostara felt love in a foreign way seldom had before.

     Since half of the Beacon Hills pack left for post-secondary, the Mikaelson house has been less active, of course. Isaac still frequents it the most, his bedroom occupied many times throughout the week. With Isaac, Malia often followed. Theo came along with Isaac a lot as well.

     The two werewolf boys have spent the last few months dating. Though they were surely messing around way before then. More recently they've introduced another person into their relationship. A vampire that moved into Beacon Hills just a couple of years ago. Ostara and Melissa have met him a few times now. He was certainly a gentleman with an accent that solidified that persona.

     Enzo is the name of Theo and Isaac's other partner. He's around a hundred years old, so still decently young for a vampire. Ostara learned that the woman that turned Enzo was a heretic. He wasn't confused at all by Ostara's ability to do magic. She'd admit that it was a little nice to not have to explain it all. Sometimes she found the curiosity endearing. However, spending centuries alive and answering the same questions got boring.

    Besides the trio of boyfriends and Malia, some of the seniors from the high school visited occasionally. They didn't frequent the house nearly as much. But Ostara has always made it known to the entire pack Scott had compiled that they could come over or stay whenever they wanted or needed. Going as far as copying a bunch of extra keys so they could all have one.