0.1

Over a hundred years later

The Mikaelson siblings were broken. That much was certain to anyone that was around them for even a short period. Perhaps, Ostara had high hopes, believing she'd be able to handle all her siblings alone after Freya was taken. But since that night, they've lost other siblings. And their parents made them immortal because of that loss. With the fear of losing any more children to things like 'sickness' or beasts. In doing so, they unintentionally lost them all. They found out Niklaus was the product of an affair, a bastard child. Esther locked Niklaus' wolf side, the side he got from his real father, away. She did this to appease Mikael. That was not good enough for Mikael though, he wanted Niklaus dead. As if Esther's infidelity was Niklaus' fault.

Niklaus had come to Ostara that night. Sobbing, covered in blood. He told her of what Mikael and Esther did. Then he told her that in a fit of rage he killed Esther. Ostara was not mad at him. Esther was not much of a mother to her, not since Esther allowed her older twin to be taken. Ostara was so busy being all of her sibling's parental figure she wasn't even sure what having one felt like. But she knew that her siblings needed one more than anyone. She held Niklaus as her cried, consoled him, promised him that he'd break the curse. And she promised not to tell their siblings of Niklaus being the one to kill Esther. Finn and Rebekah would not take it lightly, Ostara was sure.

Since that night they've been travelling. Learning about their abilities. And running from their father. All of the siblings had mostly controlled their bloodlust at this point. However, Niklaus was still incredibly paranoid that Mikael was hiding at every corner. Finn was miserable. Ostara tried to help him. When he was with his older sister he seemed better. Or when he was with his lover, Sage, who he had turned. Finn still thought of himself as a monster. Ostara thought it had to be because he lost his magic. If his ancestors saw him unworthy then he was worth nothing. Ostara and Kol did not think that way. For one, the ancestors already believed Ostara to be an abomination from the moment she learned she was a siphoner. Kol was interested in practicing all forms of magic. Ones that did not require the ancestors at all. Because of this, he was still able to perform magic. Just not the ones their mother tried to teach them growing up.

Rebekah, being the hopeless romantic that she is, fell in love with a charming man. Who just so happened to be a vampire hunter. A member of the five. A group of supernatural hunters only Ostara and Kol had heard whispers of. The man turned on Rebekah and put them to sleep with a specially crafted dagger dipped in the ash of the white oak tree. That man didn't count on it failing on the two hybrids in the family. So now, they were on a ship heading anywhere else. After Niklaus dealt with the hunters of course.

The witches that made the hunters had to have a few brain cells. When Niklaus killed them, shortly after he began having vivid nightmares and hallucinations. Many nights they had to lock him in his room on the boat and not let him out. When he wasn't particularly crazy Ostara would go in the room to comfort him. Hold him as he cried.