0.3

Reminder: Lucien is my oc played by Harry Shum Jr. He is not in any way correlated with Lucien from The Originals.

Over two hundred years later

    When Kol left Ostara after spending so long with her, he immediately regretted it. He was in the presence of his other siblings for only a few months before Niklaus decided to stick the dagger he reserved for Kol in his chest. He was left like that for almost two hundred years. And when he awoke he knew that he couldn't run off to Ostara right away. If any of them wanted to contact their elder sister they could do it on their own. Kol wasn't going to help any of them. Considering they never helped him with the daggering he felt it was only fair.

Kol had been awake for a few months, still adjusting to the new age once again, when he met Lucien. Right away he knew that Lucien was a vampire. Likely one of the ones his siblings turned along the way or another vampire. Vampires were still generally rare, so that wasn't what caught Kol's attention. Okay, it was his face at first. Kol could recognize an attractive person no matter the gender, he liked everyone. And Lucien was sure as hell attractive. He also was alluring and Kol knew then and there he'd have to get to know the man. Not many people could resist the charm that is Kol Mikaelson, after all.

Lucien had approached Kol's cockiness with perhaps the exact same amount of his own. Lucien knew he was attractive and he knew exactly what Kol wanted. It didn't take long for Lucien to admit to him that he wanted the same. Flirty banter back and forth was causing a lot of sexual frustration.

Lucien was going in and out of the Mikaelson home for three months after that. It started with casual sex, very frequently. Then they started talking more and more. Lucien would come earlier to talk. He'd stay in the morning. Some days they'd fall asleep not having touched each other at all. They never said it was serious out loud until Kol asked to share blood. Lucien didn't even hesitate to agree. Sharing blood was rare and powerful. It would strengthen the bonds of family, and if you weren't related then you'd be lusting after them post-blood share. You became more in tune with each others emotions around one another, things became more vivid, and you became stronger. But it tied you to that person. Blood sharing was far more official than either admitting that they were courting.

A year after Lucien and Kol started dating, Kol decided it was time to seek out his sister again. Kol debriefed Lucien on the subject after they were far from the Mikaelson household. If anyone mentioned Ostara near Niklaus he would throw a fit. He missed Ostara deeply but was too stubborn to admit it and go after her. Truthfully, Niklaus wanted her to be the one to come back. Anyone could see that by the amount of paintings and drawings he did of or inspired by his eldest sister, his mother figure.

It took a few weeks of seeking out different witches before Kol and Lucien were finally able to get ahold of Ostara's current location. She was in a small town in Africa. The two men headed there quickly. Kol seemed very paranoid that his other siblings would figure out that he had actually kept in contact with her. Maybe they had too. Ostara was incredibly loyal and wouldn't say anything to him if one of them did. But still, Kol had the inkling feeling that none of them did. Niklaus was far too prideful, Rebekah was bitter not understanding why she left, and Elijah was busy trying to keep the thin threads of the family together.