0.9

I want to clarify the timelines a bit now that we're in the long-awaited present! If you don't care, just skip the beginning note XD ((but I better not see any comments questioning the times/ages/events >:())

Teen Wolf events pretty much happened up until season four. The original members of Scott's pack are a year into university. Most are about to start their second year.

For the Originals, pretty much everything stayed the same throughout TVD. Any major changes to the plot I mentioned. The tv show 'The Originals' partially happened, Hayley was present but as a friend rather than a baby mama. She stays with her wolf pack full time now, she and Elijah are not romantically involved and never have been. Finn wasn't brought back with his parents, neither was Kol considering he never died in the first place.

Hope is a teen, she's only a little over a year younger than Scott who would be around 19-20. So she's about 17-18. The younger members of the pack are just a year behind the original McCall pack instead of the canon two years, so Hope is the same age as Liam, Mason, Corey, etc. Derek is currently 24-25. Meaning he would have been 21-22 at the beginning of the series.

Also, I don't think I've mentioned this but Ostara hasn't had anyone keeping an eye on her siblings after Kol told her about their parent's demise. The main reason she had tabs on them was so she could make sure they were safe and to keep Mikael off their trail. When that wasn't needed, she let go of all the people she compelled to watch them.

...

Present, New Orleans

"So many of these witches disappoint me. They have no incentive to better their craft!" Kol complained to Lucien. The man rolled his eyes, but Kol was none the wiser. Considering the original was currently laying across Lucien's stomach. They were in their magically soundproof room. The one area in the house they never had to worry about people listening in.

"Maybe your standards are too high?" Lucien teased. Kol humphed annoyed. Magic was so much more nuanced than how most treated it. This frustrated Kol to no end. But at least when finding the talented and powerful witches he was almost proud.

"Maybe they should stop allowing blatant bigotry all the time," Kol muttered childishly. Though his point was completely relevant. Hell, Loki's own biological parents mistreated him. Simply because Loki wasn't able to exceed well enough in the magic they wanted him to. But Loki, his and Lucien's son, was insanely talented. His biological parents never knew because they were stuck with the firm beliefs of their cookie-cutter magic.

"I don't know why she's hidden herself this thoroughly. She was upset about Finn when I last saw her, but she was normal. Ma has never made finding her easy, but this feels almost impossible. There's surely a reason why it's this hard. But I miss her, and I know Freya deserves to know she's alive and see her without Nik's interference," Kol confined in his long-term boyfriend. Lucien moved Kol so he was directly against his chest. He held him a bit tighter to comfort him while he sorted his thoughts.