12 - Irreplaceable

Taehyung turned around 'nice to see you too y/n' he replied sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes as I saw the pictures again in my mind.

We stared intensely at each other; Taehyung really could be intimidating.

    'I thought you were away till next week?' I asked

    'Yes I came back early' he replied, while in the meantime we didn't break eye contact.

    'So how was Japan?' I asked passive-aggressive.

    'It was fine, I missed you though' he replied but not in a soft way, like in a tense way.

I scoffed

    'Wonder what the actress would think of that comment' I replied eventually. he stepped closer to me

    'It wasn't like that y/n, don't be so foolish.'

    'You're calling me foolish, really?' I asked indignantly. 'I am not the one fooling around with celebrities'

Suddenly he took another step in my direction and grabbed the back of my neck pulling me in for a kiss. It surely was unexpected and I almost felt like giving in. That was the power his touch had over me.

No, did he think that kissing me would just make it okay?

I pushed him away

     'What the hell are you doing?' I exclaimed angrily

     'Why would I fool around when we have this' he replied while raising his voice irritated. I was slightly taken aback and had no good response immediately.

    'Why would you jump to conclusions so fast?' he continued.

     'Have you seen the pictures? They hardly leave room for interpretation plus if it was nothing why didn't you just tell me?'

    'I was planning to do that today, I wanted to surprise you and then tell you with an explanation.

    'oh,' I replied, in a lowered voice, not expecting that either. and feeling pretty dumb about myself.

    'Uhm so what is the explanation?' I said while sitting down on the couch. I patted the place next to me.

Taehyung sighed, still pretty annoyed but he did sit down next to me.

     'It is true that I know Una since we were young, and I knew she was filming something in Japan, so I thought it was nice to meet up. but when we left the restaurant there was all this press and the thing is.. Una is secretly dating an Idol so she asked me kind of for a favor to look cozy so that they won't focus on her actual relationship. I didn't want to tell you that over the phone, and knowing you, I figured you wouldn't even see it because you don't read that trash. but apparently, you do?'

I let it all sink in. I can't believe I overreacted so badly

     'I don't, Yoongi showed it to me.'

Taehyung rolled his eyes 'ofcourse he did'

      'What does that even mean?'

       'It's convenient for him to share that.'

I ignored that comment and shook my head

      'I am really sorry Taehyung, but next time perhaps just text or call me about it or something to avoid any confusion?'

        'aish fine' he said but he already smiled again. Then he looked around and sniffed extensively. 

        'By the way, why does your apartment smell like bleach so strongly? did you murder someone and try to cover your tracks?' he asked