Chapter 2 - Feelings

(The picture on top is Adam's cabin)

Adam felt that the plan he had in his heart was God's for the way he had met a spiritually mature woman like Debora confirmed his assumptions. But after last night's meeting with the leaders, and the way she left claiming that she wouldn't be a part of that revival disappointed him. He was sure that she was the missing piece but had failed to convince her.

The worry consumed and woke him earlier that morning. In his heart and mind, he pleaded with God to find a way to touch Debora's heart because his apologetic reasoning had done nothing so far.

He had spent that night in his parents' duplex apartment in Sydney. Because the city center was within walking distance, he decided to jog to the Opera House and back, just to break the habit.

As he was approaching Sydney's renowned monument, he noticed a young lady dressed in yellow, in heels, with her hair tied up in a bun, crossing the road. That sight pleased his senses. He removed his earbuds, focusing on the woman, and quickly noticed that she was black. He ran closer to her.

"Debora!?" He wanted to be sure.

She lifted her head to him, not at all expecting his presence.

"Good morning!" He greeted her.

"Good morning to you too, Adam!" She smiled as if yesterday was a long-gone thing.

"I wasn't expecting to see you here."

He felt underdressed around her, with his sweatpants, his trainers, and a white shirt.

"Neither was I." She kept a smile on her face. "Look, I'm sorry that I left so aggravated last night!"

"That's alright! I should have given you a heads-up first, but I didn't think it would be that bad."

As she smiled and the sun shone on her brown face, Adam found her incredibly attractive, and he wasn't expecting that, so he was speechless for an instant.

"Uh! Yeah!" He mumbled. "What are you doing here?"

"I work at the Opera House. I am an events coordinator."

"Wow! You said they were sponsoring you?"

"Yes, they are."

"You must be really good at what you do." He was surprised.

"I learned from the best, and I keep on learning."

"Sure!"

"Well, I gotta go!" She dismissed him.

"Will I see you tomorrow at church for our first rehearsal?"

"Sure!"

She walked past him, happy to see him once again.

Florencia was ecstatic with the new acquisition to the team, despite the extra expenses. Debora had brilliant ideas that were often out of the box, and she was problem-solving-oriented. It was rewarding!

The work team consisted of two girls in their early thirties, two men - one in his late twenties and the other over forty -, and Debora, the only one in her early twenties. She got along with everyone except for Richard - the eldest on the team -, who drooled over her. He scared her from the beginning and much more so after she had had the brilliant idea to organize a wedding request in some woods nearby.

Florencia arranged for Debora and Richard – the photographer – to go to the desired location for some photographs.

Richard drove, but she decided to go on the back seat under the pretext of needing room to organize a few papers.