Chapter 11 - Honest conversation

Overnight, Adam regretted that he had somehow confessed his feelings for Debora. Things were taking a route that he soon wouldn't be able to control. So again, when they met on Sunday, there came his cold treatment toward her again. Right on that day: when she needed to be reconciled with everybody, to allow the Holy Spirit in her, since that would be the first service where she would sing.

"Is everything alright, Adam?" She asked him.

"Just nervous." Then he walked away to the stage and left her behind.

In that instant, Ralph and Michelle approached her, with encouraging words and a smile.

"So, have you two worked things out?" Michelle wondered.

"I guess." Her insecurity showed.

"We could talk about that at lunch, do you wanna come over?" Michelle invited, with her welcoming hand on Debora's shoulder.

"Ok!"

"Excited?" Ralph asked his small team of prayer warriors.

Michelle gave a nod of confidence, but Debora wasn't totally convinced. She still felt the guilt of being so intimate with Adam, without any type of commitment.

"Debora?" Michelle suspected something.

"I have no expectations, to be honest with you." She disclosed. "We've been praying for weeks straight now and nothing has happened. Let alone you, Ralph, praying for years! I feel discouraged."

"You do believe that our Father works in ways we can't see, don't you?" Ralph suspected something.

"I do." She came to her senses. "I do, I believe in Him, but it's so frustrating when things don't seem to be working."

"Like what?" Michelle inquired, suspecting that it was something about Adam.

"Adam, for instance." She disclosed, because her heart was full of it.

Michelle observed Adam and how focused he was in his task, when suddenly he looks at her signaling.

"He's calling you up the stage, Debora." Michelle informed her. "We'll talk at lunch."
________________________________________________________________________________

Stage doesn't only mean to be at the center of an audience, most of the times it means that you are at the center of your own self and that is the worst enemy you have to face. Debora wasn't at all aware of that enemy in all the other songs she sang, but when it was her turn to sing a solo, her world started shaking and she became very aware of herself. Adam started playing the intro, and even though Debora was supposed to be singing seconds earlier, she couldn't; her voice was stuck. She closed her eyes, just to divert her thoughts. When she opened her eyes again, she felt numb, and couldn't sing, because the lyrics to that song and the melody that she had rehearsed for so long fled from her. Her mind was blank.

As Debora looked at the audience looking at her still, expecting her performance, she was overwhelmed by the fear of the Lord and His presence there. Involuntarily, she knelt down still holding the microphone in her hands and started mumbling for forgiveness.

The rest of the worship team was numb at first, but as James followed Debora's lead and fell knee to the ground, the rest of the voices did the same. Adam, at the piano, discreetly looked sideways, not knowing what to do, but when he saw that even the guitar
players and drummer had left their instruments and knelt down, apparently sobbing, he decided to do the same, even though he didn't feel anything special. The fear that overtook most of the worship team, started affecting the rest of the auditorium. In minutes, the whole auditorium was overtaken.