CHAPTER 21

••••

••••

"Draco. . ." Daphne began.

"I have so much to tell you!" he interrupted.

"I'm sure you do but I already know Cuz!" She made an attempt to joke about it as though it had been the most casual thing in the world.

Draco's eyes widened in shock.

"You know." He blinked straight ahead at her.

She nervously eyed him, hoping for him to say something.

"I'm so sorry Daphne!" He took her hands in his and weakly smiled.

"It's a lot to take in. That's why I didn't know how to tell you."

"It's alright. It was better this way. . .I might not have even believed you though" She laughed.

"True that" He shook his head.

Before they could say anything else, a man with sharp features and long platinum blonde hair entered the room.

Lucius Malfoy stood at the door. . .staring at the one person whom he missed the most.

"Lucy. . ." he whispered just loud enough for him to hear.

Daphne's heart skipped a beat. She did not expect a heartfelt reunion or anything from her uncle. Knowing his reputation and everything, but she did expect something.

"Walk with me" He gestured towards the smaller version of his sister.

Gulping she stood up from beside Draco and laced her arm to her uncle's.

They went outside the manor. . .into the garden. It was still daytime so the ball did not start for a while.

"As I am informed. . .you know about your mother."

"Yes sir. Just that voldemort killed her right after I was born. Nothing else."

"Don''t call me sir. The dark lord killed her because she refused him." He said, slowing his pace around the garden.

"Refused? What did he want with my mother?" Daphne's anxiety was at its peak.

"He wanted her to do a spell to get a prophecy he still wants."

"Why her?"

"She was talented in a lot of things. Deceit being among them. It was a task only she could've done."

"You mean she was a death eater?"

"Yes and no. She wasn't evil Daphne. She betrayed The Dark Lord more than once. But always got away with it until she outright told him she wouldn't do the spell."

"So he just killed her? Just for not doing a spell?" The tears forming in her eyes threatened to spill with each detail she learned.

Lucius sighed and sat on a bench and Daphne followed. "He tried to convince her but when she didn't give in. He killed him. Himself. In front of me."