CHAPTER 16

"Where are we even going!?" Daphne groaned as they walked to the castle doors

"The forbidden forest." Fred chimmed.

"What're we going to do when we get there, anyway?" Lexi added.

"No idea." The twins said together, making them chuckle.

"We'll just get there and inspiration will come to us." George winked.

Lexi suggested that they look for blast-ended-skrewts and Daphne didn't argue. Anything to take her mind off of things.

"Alright! Wands out!" She marched beside George.

"I-I haven't brought it." Lexi stuttered.

"What!! How could you not?" George stared at her in disbelief.

"It's fine Lex. . .cummon Geo-" Daphne started but the sound of manic footsteps of something enormous, coming towards them made her stop.

"AAAAARRGGHHHH!!" The four of them dropped to the ground in fear, Daphne clung to George's arm and he held her tighter protectively.

Once the sound of the steps stopped, they looked up. A huge Skrewt stood towering above the four.

As Lexi had mentioned, it did look like a giant lobster. But instead of attacking them, it turned around and left.  Daphne opened her eyes completely and looked around. George looked back at her with a puzzled expression but her eyes darted past him to the other two. Lexi and Fred. They had their arms wrapped around each other. George followed the gaze and was about to say something when Daphne stopped him by pulling on his colars and bringing him down for a short kiss. She pulled away and whispered, "Don't spoil their moment" He nodded and his lips curled up ever so slightly and he leaned down to her lips again. They merely touched when they heard a voice behind them.

"HEY! What do yeh think yer doin here!?" A furious looking Hagrid walked towards them. 

Instantly they got to their feet and ran through the forest, laughing and giggling, back to the castle where they parted ways, George walked Daphne down to the dungeons even after all her protesting that he would be in trouble if someone saw him there.

"You should have seen your face" He smirked.

"Says you!"

He grinned before adding, "Do you think they did it?"

"I don't know but you are not going to ask them! Well. . . .not Lexi atleast."

"I— ugh fine! I wish they just get together already!! Everyone can see it except Lexi!"

"She subconsciously knows too George."

"Did you?" he looked at his girlfriend.

"What?"

"I mean. . .did you know too?"

"I– well I mean. . . err–" Daphne was aware of the redness on her cheeks.