CHAPTER 19

••••

••••

Cedric Diggory lay motionless on the ground. It took a while for everyone to grasp the fact that he wasn't jumping up and down from happiness. He wasn't going to either. Ever.

The students were sent back to their dorms although hardly anyone could think anything apart from the cries of Mrs. and Mr. Diggory.

They sat in the common room, the green hue was comforting for the Slytherins. Nobody spoke. They sat there in silence, hoping that it could stay like that. . .but they knew it was impossible. It would never be the same again. Not the silence. 

"I think we should all head to bed. If anyone's hungry, I can ask an elf to get something in here. I know it's not the best time but you all should really go to bed now." said Laurence, a seventh year prefect.

Nodding to themselves, a few of them got up. Jackson looked at his friends, and realising they were not getting up, he slightly nudged Tracey.

"Yes, I'm going. Daph. .coming?" she slowly said, without even looking at him.

"I– yes."

All of them had a million things running through their minds. Was he really back? Was Potter telling the truth?

Of course he was back. Cedric didn't just die on his own. But if he was back, what was going to happen?

"Night guys"

"Good Night" They firmly said before entering each of their own dormitories.

"Is he back then Tracey?" Daphne whispered.

"I think he is." She nodded, sitting beside her best friend.

They were silent again for a while but Tracey continued.

"We can worry about you-know-who tomorrow. You should go to sleep."

Daphne didn't argue and got up from her bed to change into her night clothes.

She couldn't sleep the whole night. No body could. Even if they didn't know Cedric, his death shook each one of them.

••••

"Daphne!! Hey! Daphne!!!"

"I have no time for your words Draco. My friends are waiting for me!"

"This is important! You need to listen to me! Please!" He held her right arm to make her stop.

"Can this please wait!!?"

"Can't you listen! It's important! Quit being so stubborn and hear me out for once!" He stared at her in annoyance.

"You arrogant arse! Just because you're Draco Malfoy doesn't mean you get to boss everyone around!" She snarled and snatched her hand from his grip.