CHAPTER 09

••••

••••

"Hey sleepyhead!.." Someone whispered in my ear...I pulled the covers over my face.
"Oh come on! For once! I got up before you! Now get out of bed! There are people waiting for you!"
Tracey said,now shaking me.

"Time?" I murmured from under the covers.
"Okay you know what? I would've done this the SWEET way!..Aguamenti"
"Wha- AAHH! WHAT THE HELL!"
I jumped up from my bed. My face all wet and I knew exactly what she did.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" She shouted and brought me into a hug. I was too shocked to smile.

"T- thank you but it's not even morning!" I protested.

"Are you a muggle or what? It's midnight! Muggles have midnight parties right?" She giggled.

"Oh- wait party? Snape's gonna kill us!" My eyes widened.

"That's why he won't know! Now come on! Get up! We're going somewhere!" She said enthusiastically pulling me out of bed.
"Can I change ATLEAST!?"
"Yeah quick!"

The two girls, Pansy and Millicent were still sound asleep when we left our dormitories.Strange.

We were walking...more like sneaking somewhere. We reached a large painting of a giant fruit bowl.

"What on earth is this?" I snapped.
"Oh you wait." Tracey went ahead and tickled a pear on the bowl which started giggling and so did I. The door flew open and I found myself looking at hundreds of elves, running around with food.
"Come quick before we're caught!" Tracey nudged me inside.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAPHNE!!" I was embraced once more.The cologne hit me.
"Thanks Jax! What are you doing here?" I smiled and looked up at the tall figure who was grinning back at me.

"You'll soon find out,"
I turned back and a smile was instantly plastered across my face.
"Happy birthday dear sister!" Blaise smiled as I jumped into his arms.

"Now what about me?" A female voice that I knew too perfectly spoke.
"Mione! Happy birthday!!" I pulled away and faced my sister who had a smile just like mine.
"You too Daphne!! WE'RE 15!!" She squealed and held my hands.
"YESSS!! by the way..what is going on Herm?" I whispered.
"Honestly no idea." She whispered back.

"Now now! The masters of the night would like to wish the birthday girls!" We spinned around once more to see the Weasley twins standing on a slightly raised platform.

"George! Fred!!" I shrieked and made my way towards them.
"Happy birthday little Daphne!" Fred smirked at his remark.
"She's no more little...are you?" George added, bringing me in a triple hug.

A cake.No! Two cakes were placed on a table before us. One in the shape of a book!...The Dark Forces : A guide to Self- Protection.
I sniggered at the idea and then turned to look at the other cake. A Quidditch Pitch! Not only that but a tiny me standing with a Beater's bat!!