CHAPTER 10

••••

••••

"Umm. . .why's your picture in here?" George asked from near the shelf.

"My picture?", I questioned.

"See this. . .looks just like you!"

I took the book from him and looked at the girl smiling in it. It was me. . .just. . . .prettier. She was wearing a formal blue dress and had her arm linked with the boy standing next to her.

A tall, handsome figure... admiring the girl through the corner of his eye which she was unaware of.

"I– I don't understand–"

"The date!" George's hand flew to cover his gaping mouth.

My eyes travelled to the bottom of the page.

_________________

20 𝓓𝓮𝓬𝓮𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 1975
_________________

Confused,I looked up at George but before I could say anything, someone barged in.

"You can leave now. And do not dare enter my class again Weasley." Said a drawling, cold voice of Severus Snape.

I shut the book instantly and placed it back on the shelf. Dropping my gaze to the floor as I walked towards the door.

"Not you Granger." Snape hissed.

George gave me a look but I shook my head. After he had left, Snape went by his table and sat down.

"I'm sorry. . .it won't happen again sir."

SILENCE.

"Professor?"

"It's not about your detention. . .however I would not want to take points off my own house so be warned. Now. . .Daphne what you saw. . .At the world cup. Can you explain it?" His voice was almost pleading. Unlike the Severus Snape I knew. . .and something told me that I needed to answer.

"Oh– um- We thought it was the Irish. . . celebrating their victory. . .but it was er– his men. They– they were torturing muggles. They set tents on fire and then the dark mark. That's all I understand." I nervously answered.

"Very well. You may go." He said, the cold voice returning.

"Yes professor." I nodded and turned to go but he called me once again.

"Granger. Were you scared?"

I gave him a puzzled look.

"Of the death eaters?" He added.

"I– I didn't know it was them. .so no. . .I wasn't. . .but when I found out. . . .I— "

"You were afraid. You don't need to be. You are a strong witch. You are a slytherin and you don't need to fear them. Now off to bed."