CHAPTER 06

••••

••••

"Hey" he said..with a forced smile.

"Hey",I muttered. . .looking away into the dark forest. . .however it was hard to see through the watery window. . .just then Tracey shut the door behind her. . .fervently shivering. . . .and the horseless carriage moved with a jerk. . .towards the castle.

"Focillo" I muttered and concentrated on my wand as it warmed up the carriage.

"Nice spell that one! I'm freezing!. . . .Oh hii Draco! No poor lad I see",Tracey smirked sitting across me.

"Oops..wrong prediction!"Jackson chirped up.

"What are you guys on about?" Draco said with a laugh as I kept my eyes out of the carriage. .into the dark forest.

"You won't ever find out Malfoy" Jax sniggered. I had a feeling he would reach the feast with a broken nose.

"Nothing really. . .we would have pranked whoever shared the carriage with us but since it's you. . .you know.. Slytherin and all. . .well we have big hearts so we refrained." Tracey added, noticing Draco's fists clench. .or maybe not.

Draco and Jackson were the two most popular slytherin boys in our year. Despite being popular they never had the same opinions. They bickered every chance they got. .like civilized people ofcourse.

Draco despised muggles. He called Hermione a mudblood for which I hated him. He didn't call me a mudblood but did it to my sister? I felt guilty for not standing up for her and letting him bully her but she begged me not to get into trouble because of him and that her FRIENDS handled him perfectly on their own.

Forget calling me names, he didn't talk to me unless it was absolutely necessary.
Throughout my three years at Hogwarts he had so far only asked me for a spare piece of parchment and a potion ingredient when we got partner projects in our second year. I was bothered about it for the first few days of Hogwarts but eventually I stopped thinking about it. . .it was better this way. . .The boy I met on the platform who helped me without me asking for it was far gone if it was ever there.

Jack on the other hand, had a best friend for a muggle and never underestimated mine or Hermione's abilities. He came from a pure blood family and yet his mother adored me. Hermione didn't exactly love my friends but wasn't as cold to them as her friends were to me. Tracey and Jackson held nothing against her either. The quidditch pitch however. . . .got a little NASTY at times.

"Oh well. . .that was very kind of you Davis." Malfoy absentmindedly stated. . .something told me he was in a really good mood or else Tracey might've got a sharper remark...not that she's weak. She'd easily get into a fight if someone offended her or God forbid! Me or Jackson.

"It's a pity-" Draco suddenly said..making me frown in confusion.
"-how they have changed the rules for the tournament you know...we can't even enter" he added with an eye roll.
I shot a look at Jackson who was equally surprised as me to see Draco talking about it so casually.