CHAPTER 18

••••

••••

Daphne snorted when she saw the twins walking into the great hall on April first. As expected, they had a weird bluish-purple skin and held identical frowns on their faces.

"Good job Hooper" she winked at Lexi, sitting on the Gryffindor table who held back a laughter.

George's attention turned towards Daphne and his frown turned into a grin.

"Not funny Granger" retorted Fred.

"Oh it kind of is" Lexi added.

"Happy Birthday boys!" Daphne jumped up from the Slytherin table and brought them into a hug.

"Some things never change" Fred mumbled.

George replayed  the events of the previous night in his head, smiling broadly.

FLASHBACK

"OI! get that letter, it's Alvin!" Fred shouted from across the room.

George instantly jumped up and unlatched the window.

D–Happy Birthday both of you!!!! How's it? Being of age finally???
You'll be able to do magic! with no problems! wow!! I can't get out of the common room tonight. . .but don't worry your pretty little heads! I'm going to keep sending letters this year too! REPLY SOON!"

George grinned from ear to ear and quickly got his quill and under her letter, wrote,

G–Thank youu! You do this everytime! what if I want to see my girlfriend right now!!? Just joking! don't come out. . .and honestly. . .I've always loved this all-night-long-letters! AND BEING OF AGE FEELS BLOODY AWESOME!!

"Heyy! I wanna write too!" Fred took the quill from him.

F–Hey chicken! Not fairr

G–Sorry about him—

F–Just because he's your boyfriend doesn't mean he ca—

G–It does mean I can write to you

F–I'm so mad at you Granger! you don't love poor old me anymore! *sniff*

G–Two points for being a drama queen Freddie!

Before Fred could come up with something, another owl came and dropped a letter in Fred's hand.

They grinned knowingly and opened it.

D– I know what you're doing! send whatever you've written RIGHT NOW! and Fred! just wait till you get a girlfriend! OH! My bad, Wait till Lexi is your girlfriend! SEND THE DARNED LETTER.!

P.s. Tracey's owl might be HANGRY, feed him something.

George quickly handed the unfinished letter to Alvin and just like any other year, the chains of stupid letters started.