CHAPTER 15

••••

••••

"What?" Jack groaned, not looking up from whatever he was reading.

Tracey and I still stood with frowns and crossed arms above him.

"What??" He asked again in an annoyed voice.

"Katherine Volant?" Tracey stated and that made him look up.

"W- What do you mean?" He stammered.

"What do we mean? Jackson Tristan Flint! What's going on?" Tracey huffed.

"Easy there Trace! Jax?" I interrupted.

"I don't understand?" Jackson shrugged, looking back to the notebook.

"Fine! I'll just go talk to Katherine!" I told Tracey and started to walk out.

"Hey No No No please!! As it is she hates me!!" Jack jumped and grabbed my hand.

"Hates you? No one can hate you! Want me to beat her up?" I looked back at him.

"NOO!! Girls sit down I've things to tell you."

And so we did.

"Okay so at the Yule Ball. . .I was watching you and Nott dance. . .and then I saw her. . .I don't know why I haven't noticed her before. . .she was in a corner, observing everyone and I just couldn't help myself and went to ask her for a dance. . .and umm- for once! SOMEONE REFUSED ME!! It blew up something in my head and so I've been trying to talk to her and she keeps saying no, all the time! She's a Gryffindor and as it is I can't talk to her but she's making me nuts!! Like what did I do wrong?" He complained, running a hand through his hair.

"Oh" Tracey muttered.

"Well you could've just asked me? She's shy. Herm told me. . .they share a dorm and she's not very social."

"I know that! But she's not shy with me. She outwits me! Roasts me to be exact!"

"Jack? She roasts you?" I looked up with a surprised grin.

"Hey hey!! I mean she has a counter for all my remarks!"

"You like her! We saw it today!" Tracey chirped.

"NO! I don't!" He shook his head vigorously.

"No he doesn't Trace! He has liked someone else for ages" I winked.

"Who?" Tracey raised and eyebrow in confusion.

"Seriously Granger!" Jack tried to laugh it off.

"What? Didn't you tell me just yesterday that you love Bulstrode?" I innocently shot.

"Me?" Came the sickly sweet yet irritating voice of Millicent Bulstrode from near the other couch.

"Woops! That's my cue!" I said before hurrying to my dorm with Tracey behind me, laughing madly.