35. The yearbooks

I check the monitor with the arrival times of the flight and I find the Iberia one from Madrid that my friend Rachel is on. It's supposed to be on time, which means it's going to land in about fifteen minutes. With the corner of the eye, I glance at the check-in desk where Rory is placing her huge luggage on the conveyor belt. She's going to Italy to meet her family for Easter, and for some god-forsaken reason, she is taking what I assume is a 23-kilo suitcase with her.

The timing couldn't have been more perfect: Rory had to be at the airport around the same time Rachel flight is expected to come in, so I killed two birds with one stone and gave my friend with benefit a ride, which granted us the opportunity to spend a little more time together before she leaves for one long week. It is the longest we've been apart since this thing between us started, the longest we've gone without having g sex. It's going to be a nightmare!

On the other hand, I've been looking forward to Rachel's visit for quite some time: we haven't seen each other since August and, while we talk regularly on Skype and text pretty much all day every day, I've missed her a lot. If everything goes smoothly, I'll finally be able to hug her teeny tiny body in about one hour.

Rory is all checked in, but she still has some time before she has to go through security and to her gate, so we walk outside for one last cigarette.

"So what did you have in that huge suitcase of yours?" I wonder just to make conversation. Truth is, I'm pretty sad she's leaving, even if it's just for a week, and I don't want her to notice it, as she seems really excited about her trip.

"Not much, to be honest. I've brought it with me so I can fill it with food and wine from Italy. I've promised to bring you back a lot of deliciousness, haven't I?"

My eyes sparkle at the mention of Italian food and wine. "Really? Is it really for me? You're an angel, Rory Davila!"

"Now this is something I've never been told before," she giggles, then checks the time on the screen of her phone. "Alright, I'd better get going."

We put out our cigarettes and I walk with her back inside and to where the short line for the security check starts forming. I'm not thrilled to see her leave.

"So..." I start as I try to find something to say that could delay our parting as much as possible. She'll have to go soon, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the last few moments with her. It's so weird, part of me feels like I've traveled back in time, when I used to say goodbye to Lilian standing right on this very spot. Only Lilian was way farther than Italy, and she wasn't going to be back in a week, so really, my reluctance to let her go is quite ridiculous. And yet, here I am.

"So..." she repeats, and I can tell she's stalling too. She doesn't want to say goodbye either.

Fuck it. While driving here I swore to myself I wasn't going to act like someone who's seeing her girlfriend off, but right now I don't really care. I look around me to check if there's someone we know, and when I deem it safe, I grab her hand and then her waist and hold her close to me, pulling her in for one long kiss. If she did it during the Sydney Grant concert, then why can't I at the airport while parting?

She doesn't seem to mind that much, as I hear her moaning against my lips. That sound alone is enough to make me want to drag her to the nearest restroom and fuck her senselessly until she can barely stand on her own two feet. Too bad I can't do that, there's not enough time, and I highly doubt she would appreciate missing her flight. Damn this woman and the highly erotic sounds that her mouth is able to produce!

"Don't be a stranger," I tell her once the kiss is over and we have regained our composure.

She nods. "We'll text. And Skype. Enjoy your time with Rachel."